advertisement

[FS] Celestion Ditton 44s

legacylenslover

pfm Member
My wonderful 44s for sale as I can't justify 3 sets of speakers in the house.
They were manufactured by Celestion in the UK, in the mid 1970s.
They are a 3-way speaker with a 12 inch woofer, a 6 inch (15cm) mid unit and a 1 inch (25mm) tweeter. Dimensions are (approx) 760cm * 370cm * 250cm. The rear panel shows them rated at 4-8 ohms.
They were designed as floor standers but I am not alone in preferring the sound quality when they are off the floor on low stands.
Sound quality is stunning, in my opinion with the right equipment and source(s). I am convinced they perform substantially in excess of their price point.
I'm happy to provide whatever extra information is needed, if I can. It’s taken a pair of Tannoy Cheviots to dislodge them from my main system.
The previous owner carried out an excellent cabinet re-polishing and I was informed that a crossover upgrade was carried out, to include internal wiring (2-2 1/2 years ago I think).
Inspection welcome and I'd be happy to connect up my amp and CD player for anyone who is seriously interested in the speakers.
Please note that the speaker stands can be made available by separate arrangement.
These are collection only but I may consider meeting up at a convenient location which is not a significant distance from Stroud/Gloucester.
Happy to send photos by PM but I do have images posted on my Gum….. FS ad.
Thanks for looking. Asking £450.

I’ve just noticed that I included reference to speaker stands which are not now available. Thought best to mention it here as I can’t edit the original post.

Bump. Looking for £425.
If it’s of any interest, I travel down to Wiltshire from time to time to time, in case anyone is looking for a convenient handover point.
Ditto Swindon or Newbury services on the M4 corridor.

advertisement

Back