advertisement

CD ripper

dBpoweramp automatically connects with a wonderful online tagging database to which you can contribute, and even tells you how many other people have used that data. I have not used EAC, but I believe tagging is not as simple with that app. Perhaps EAC users can offer there experience with this?

EAC users can use the G3 (?) database for a nominal one-time payment of $7, IIRC.

dBpoweramp automatically connects with a wonderful online tagging database to which you can contribute, and even tells you how many other people have used that data. I have not used EAC, but I believe tagging is not as simple with that app. Perhaps EAC users can offer there experience with this?

Another for dbpoweramp, the accurate rip CDC matching is excellent!

Try to get a high speed external CD/DVD if you're ripping a lot, the bigger the better...
Can you recommend a good external ripper to use? My laptop's cd/DVD ripper has worn out after so much ripping.

This device is just an automated cd loader/unloader. It does not come with ripping software, you need to use it with Batchripper. When used with Batch Ripper It will rip the CDs to your hard drive. Tagging may or may not be the way you want it, but in that respect it is no different to dB poweramp by itself.

Your choice is to feed CDs into your PC one by one, or use something like the Nimbie to do the ripping. . Either way you may need to do post-ripping work to get the tags to your liking. That is why I referred to this process as semi-automated.

It looks a good device, but I rip mostly classical and there tend to be numerous shortcuts and errors in the tagging used by even the best tagging software, so I always end up inputting data by hand. Ripping Bach cantatas is a completely different ball game!

Last edited:
This device is just an automated cd loader/unloader. It does not come with ripping software, you need to use it with Batchripper. When used with Batch Ripper It will rip the CDs to your hard drive. Tagging may or may not be the way you want it, but in that respect it is no different to dB poweramp by itself.

Your choice is to feed CDs into your PC one by one, or use something like the Nimbie to do the ripping. . Either way you may need to do post-ripping work to get the tags to your liking. That is why I referred to this process as semi-automated.
Thanks for the clarification. With dBPoweramp I can change tags etc before ripping, so from what you say it makes sense to get a decent cd/DVD drive and continue using dBPoweramp.

Can you recommend a good external ripper to use? My laptop's cd/DVD ripper has worn out after so much ripping.
...not any more, my old Samsung Writemaster is still going strong, I got it in 2009...I've no idea what I'd replace it with today

Probably a 'caddy' with a full desktop DVDwriter...

advertisement

Back