advertisement

CD in 2024

I remember buying a pre owned DAC and the owner had many CDs lying on his coffee table. So we chatted a bit, I asked why the CDs when streaming was so plentiful? and he explained that he enjoyed the physical browsing through the disks themselves, the connection to the object, the cover of the disk... Made me think, and I happily mix vinyl cd and streaming now :)

I will be buying another new CD player this year. Luxman D-07x. Already have a D-03x and love what that does. CD for me still sounds best, so is worth the investment. 👍😊
Wow, I was looking at the D-03x but decided to go the transport /DAC route. I looked once at the D-07, felt dizzy and tried to forget all
about it 🤩

I love CDs...I tried a streamer but hated it....more the fact that I would listen to a song and them keep jumping to othere artists and had so much choice I was like a rabbit in headlights.

I bought a CEC TL5 and have completely fallen in love with CDs.

The TL5 is a top loader and the sliding door feels really nice, the placing the disc in and the puck makes it more of an experience.

Played through a non over sampling DAC (ideally a valve based, my first one as an Audio Note DAC 2.1) and the music is very relaxing and it doesn't feel like I'm listening to a HIFI...just music.

It's a real winner, nice tactile feeling with the CEC and lovely relaxing music....what more could you want?

I love CDs...I tried a streamer but hated it....more the fact that I would listen to a song and them keep jumping to othere artists and had so much choice I was like a rabbit in headlights.

I bought a CEC TL5 and have completely fallen in love with CDs.

The TL5 is a top loader and the sliding door feels really nice, the placing the disc in and the puck makes it more of an experience.

Played through a non over sampling DAC (ideally a valve based, my first one as an Audio Note DAC 2.1) and the music is very relaxing and it doesn't feel like I'm listening to a HIFI...just music.

It's a real winner, nice tactile feeling with the CEC and lovely relaxing music....what more could you want?
I’m using a CEC cd5 into a pink triangle da capo. Again it sounds like music and has no digital glare at all. I love loading the cds too. I have no wish to stream again at all. I find a listen to entire albums now rather than jumping around like the said rabbit in the headlights.

I’m using a CEC cd5 into a pink triangle da capo. Again it sounds like music and has no digital glare at all. I love loading the cds too. I have no wish to stream again at all. I find a listen to entire albums now rather than jumping around like the said rabbit in the headlights.
I have actually just bought a Jay's Audio CDT3...I'm hoping it's an improvement....it certain should be for the cost.... so my CEC will be coming up for sale this weekend.

I never tire of listening to my cd's through my DAC20, (audiolab 8000DAX) probably overall the best DAC I’ve ever owned/listened to. Put it with a decent transport and the sq is marvellous.

An oldie but a goodie

klqNnTH.jpeg

You know something's up (CD-wise) when a hipster listening bar in LA starts publishing stuff like this in their blog -

I note that the recommendations have been selected for their appeal to hipsters and other 'cool' folk...;)

I have actually just bought a Jay's Audio CDT3...I'm hoping it's an improvement....it certain should be for the cost.... so my CEC will be coming up for sale this weekend.
Just put a link to a 2 year old one at 900 at hifi guy if that helps with pricing

Love my cds , very pleased with the primare cd35 i got , beautiful timbre with strings .smooth tray .

I find streaming ok but i get distracted by emails popping up and prefer my cds

Just now saving for a moon 260d or a teac 701t for another system

This reminds me, I must reinstate my meridian 508.24, I haven't used it for a long time, hopefully it's fully fit.
I borrowed one from a friend for a few months while I found a D03x and I was really impressed with it. Definitely a quality piece of kit and worth servicing/keeping going.

Did you try the TL5 with the puck from the TL2 before you pulled the trigger?
No I didn't, does the heavier puck make much of a difference?

I haven't even heard the Jay's, the physical size of the unit, the CD Pro 2 lazer and the build quality has been a big factor for the purchase.

I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not making the time to listen to a few things...especially an Audio Note CDT and Meishu amp!

advertisement

Back