advertisement

Cables make a difference - shock!!

I don’t think any electronic engineers are going to find anything new in that video. The idea that cables can act as aerials for induced noise is nothing new and well known. This isn’t the same as saying that cables make subjective sound reproduction differences.

Ynwoan is spot on here, this is good solid engineering, screens, twisted pairs, star quad arrangements, balanced signals. There is physic behind why these things work to reduce immunity to electric and magnetic fields that otherwise induce noise on the signal. This is absolutely not the same as claiming cables are directional or expensive materials arranged in a weave with magical properties that can transform your hifi into something it isn't. This is a sensible piece of engineering and not mystical cable stuff. If you have issues with magnetic field induced hum on your interconnects, perhaps from having them run close to linear PSU, these could be well worth a go ... or you could move your interconnect a few cm away from the PSU ...

I don’t think any electronic engineers are going to find anything new in that video. The idea that cables can act as aerials for induced noise is nothing new and well known. This isn’t the same as saying that cables make subjective sound reproduction differences.

Following the link in post #3 I found:

"DO STAR-QUAD CABLES SOUND BETTER?
This is really the wrong question to be asking. In most cases, star quad cables will not change the sound, they will only reduce interference. If no interference is present, any differences will only be a function of cable capacitance and the source impedance. Very long cables can introduce enough capacitance to attenuate high audio frequencies. In many cases, star-quad cables have some additional capacitance per foot. But, a loss in frequency response over a long cable run can be corrected with EQ. In contrast, interference cannot be removed."

this is why i have MIT cables as they really do make a difference, due in no uncertain terms to their inline interface technology box's, and they look the part as well,

like cars , hifi and all the extras it not only has to perform but has to look good to, do yo think dan,D'Agostino gear is not totally over engendered for the hell of it , do you really need a amp case made out of a solid billet of aircraft aluminium ,

also mart i would never buy another pair of speakers in black, or walnut, times and the world moves on ,

advertisement

Back