advertisement

Buchardt audio s400 anybody heard them?

The Darko review of the s500 is very compelling. 25hz all in one and €25 to demo for 45 days.i think this very good value too but that won't resonate with some out there. Considering you are getting streamer, dac, actives, room correction, tuning possibilities... its impressive.

I've no doubt many of us could put together a muddle of boxes for slightly less that might sound better but think of the the WAF with these babies!

Having tried a lyngdorf 2170 (D-class amp + dac + room correction) recently I was disappointed compared to my current setup. If I could stop swapping boxes the S500 might just do it...

Last edited:
I've had a pair of A500 for a few weeks now and I can confirm that they are a really great speaker. They work incredibly well in my basement listening room with low ceilings and close to the rear wall. The room correction was not subtle at all when I enabled it - it flattened out a big spike at 40hz and made the already very impressive bass much more controlled.

Last edited:
Good to see the 45 day trial option, and would be happy to pay postage both ways for such an offer. More companies should do something like that, especially in these times.

Yes I think we have to rethink our ways of listening. €25 does not go far trawling round dealers listening to stuff, ie. Petrol etc. I wanted to hear a croft preamp in my system but it was such a faff. I wouldve had to drive for 3hrs each way and cart my kit. Dealer would not send anything as had no demo units. Reluctant to accept returns too. Gave up.

Yes I think we have to rethink our ways of listening. €25 does not go far trawling round dealers listening to stuff, ie. Petrol etc. I wanted to hear a croft preamp in my system but it was such a faff. I wouldve had to drive for 3hrs each way and cart my kit. Dealer would not send anything as had no demo units. Reluctant to accept returns too. Gave up.
Me I’d be happy to pay shipping both ways for a demo unit, even a bit more to cover dealers costs. Then I would have plenty time to make up my own mind, I wouldn’t feel any pressure, and if I decided to buy I’d get a new unit and the dealer would likely be able to offer a good price. Decent dealers are few and far between, expensive to get to, and still not ideal places to listen. Shows are expensive and terrible too. Pro dealers like Thomann are good, they give an instant no quibble refund, and I took advantage of that to listen to some expensive monitors which I returned. But I kind of felt bad - I didn’t think it was fair that they shouldered the costs.

Andrew Robinson together with many others have reviewed the s400 on you tube and really liked them.

Robinson recently reviewed the XTZ Spirit 4 speakers on you tube and whilst he stated that the fit and finish on the XTZs" was not quite to the same standard as the Buchardts' Robinson "went out on a limb" and stated that he preferred the XTZ Spirits to the Bucharest' finding them a more balanced speaker.

Posting photographs of the XTZ speakers on his social media network he was repeatedly asked which Buchardts' are these?

The XTZ speakers are currently on offer for 450 euros with a 30 day return policy, could be a no brainer?

We could do with a new thread for the A500's.

Everyone who's heard them so far appears to have been mightily impressed.
The 45 day no quibble trail is very tempting.

advertisement

Back