advertisement

Buchardt audio s400 anybody heard them?

He's took them off sale he's got some revised versions coming in june with the new stock of s400s

Barring a metal cone, they really do look like Amphions right down to the passive rear radiator. Correction- the black woofer is metal too I see.

For the size the 300s punch well above their size even my atc 35 with 8 inch bass drivers. Gobsmacked and the soundstage Is great clear delivery everything is there but not harsh or in your face like metal dome tweeters. I only had them For a laugh until the 400s are available. To be honest I'm happy with the 300s. But I will get the 400s when they ready

For the size the 300s punch well above their size even my atc 35 with 8 inch bass drivers. Gobsmacked and the soundstage Is great clear delivery everything is there but not harsh or in your face like metal dome tweeters. I only had them For a laugh until the 400s are available. To be honest I'm happy with the 300s. But I will get the 400s when they ready
Have you got the 400's yet? struggling to find a UK dealer

yep, seems to be the case. They have a trial period, so may be worth a punt.
I'm on the hunt for speakers that will work close to wall. So far have the Guru QM10's and Dutch & Dutch 8c on the list (at price extremes!), these seem to sit somewhere in the middle cost and performance wise.

I've had my s400s around 1 month now and they sound great they replaced Atc scm 11mk2 when you look at the size and weight it amazes how a small speaker can put out such a big enveloping sound with great tight bass they do need running in though before sounding there best. Zero fidelity has heard amphion and says even though they look the same the sound is very different to the s400.

They were one of the standouts at the NWAS last year for me. I'd love to try a pair here but sadly too spendy for me right now.

I thought so too. I got to have a longer listen to a pair earlier this year when I was dropping off a new amp. Hegel and Buchardt is a great combination. I wish them every success.

I've had my s400s around 1 month now and they sound great they replaced Atc scm 11mk2 when you look at the size and weight it amazes how a small speaker can put out such a big enveloping sound with great tight bass they do need running in though before sounding there best. Zero fidelity has heard amphion and says even though they look the same the sound is very different to the s400.

Hey I note we have similar Rega setups, mines P6, Elex-r, P8 on wish list though. Are you still enjoying the S400s? I’m about to ‘pull the trigger on them’ so they say AND a Hegel 190 or the H390 if I can stretch to it... wondered how the analog sounds with the Buchardt and the Hegel... ?

I'd get a home-dem before replace Elex/R with Hegel
Watt is not everything
The elex -r isn't in the same ball park as the Hegel h190 which has an excellent dac built in streamer silent noise floor and able to drive most speakers easily the h390 is even further apart. my system sounds great in my room and would demo anything you are buying first as your room and the rest of your system can and does affect the sound .

They seem quite expensive given their size and direct selling model - the SE seems very expensive given it’s just a few crossover components that, whilst good quality, certainly aren’t super expensive.

———
I also noticed the similarity to Amphion and compared to them the prices seem more competitive.

They seem quite expensive given their size and direct selling model - the SE seems very expensive given it’s just a few crossover components that, whilst good quality, certainly aren’t super expensive.

———
I also noticed the similarity to Amphion and compared to them the prices seem more competitive.
I am listening to mine now and can tell you they are definitely worth the money they are small and light hard to believe really the quality of sound they produce I have tried PMC 25-23 and didn't like them at all really glad I tried at home first would have been gutted if I had to have kept them . Happy listening .

advertisement

Back