advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they will. Across the board friends and aquaintances are all moving to EU based sites for purchases. Often ending up paying higher postage charges etc. The British seem to be great at those micro industries often operating from the house or side garage. Their margins and prices were always tight. I used them all the time. Some will still survive on the UK market alone but there will be lots of casualties but sure all the money on the side of the red bus can be diverted to them. Maybe if you are looking for hope listen to the gospel according to CB's UKipper bloke on Youtube. Is he some kind of UK evangelist?
Actually there are now several 'You Tube' Brexit sites and looking at the number of views, in the tens of thousands, they are getting more popular.

Maybe it's the one that pays retired teachers £20k a year each index linked with 30 years contribution, and that I couldn't buy in the private sector if I invested 100% for 30 years.
I don't know where that came from unless teachers pensions have shot up. I spent 12 years as a teacher rising to head of faculty on what was then grade 4 the top grade except for heads. For that I get just under £4k pa and extrapolating that'll be £14K pa for 42 years service.

Financially it was the best thing I did making a career change after 12 years teaching.

Money purchase isn't as bad as some make out if you feed it properly and of course have a good employer. I was my own boss for a number of years running my own company but still contributed to my own private pension. These things mount up. Its also good to have a partner as that brings in extra pension. My wife gets a full state pension on top of her private pensions. They may be small but all the bits add up.

Cheers,

DV

Actually there are now several 'You Tube' Brexit sites and looking at the number of views, in the tens of thousands, they are getting more popular.
Do they moan about it like everyone on this thread? Because there's sod all in the way of positives.

Good Law Project email

Correspondence from Government shows it plans to claim a staggering £500k-600k in costs for a one day hearing of a judicial review challenge to a contract awarded by Dominic Cummings to his friends at Public First. The higher figure is more than the total value of the Public First contract of £564k.

By way of contrast, our costs will be around £44k if we lose and £127k if we win. As a further contrast, Government’s costs in a legal challenge to Jeremy Hunt’s decision to impose new junior doctors contracts with a number of interim hearings and a two-day final hearing requiring an 83 page judgment were under £200k.

The costs in Public First - £500k-£600k - is what Government says we must pay if we lose. There is no denying that figures like this - huge sums inflated beyond all commonsense - pose an existential risk to Good Law Project. Indeed, I think that is their very purpose.

They will also deter important public interest challenges to Government cronyism.

Last year we issued another judicial review challenge to the award of another lucrative market research contract to other friends of Dominic Cummings, this time the consultancy firm Hanbury. The contract, too, bears all the hallmarks of cronyism.

We have just been granted permission to proceed with that judicial review by the High Court. Giving permission the Court said: “it is arguable that the challenge raises serious issues of public importance that would otherwise not be scrutinised,” and “the Defendant has admitted that some directors of the Interested Party were known to both the Defendant and the former Chief Adviser to the Prime Minister, and had worked previously with and for them and for the Conservative Party. In those circumstances, apparent bias is arguable.

But although the Courts can see the considerable public importance of these cases Government is desperate that they should not come to light.

The Public First judicial review involves extraordinary revelations. Both Dominic Cummings and Lee Cain have given witness statements. We are determined that the truth should see the light of day on Monday.

But bringing cases like this involves profound risk for us. If you are in a position to do so, you can help us by contributing to our crowdfunder here: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/a-river-to-my-people/

Thank you,

Jolyon Maugham QC
Director of Good Law Project

Good Law Project is able to carry out its work thanks to donations from thousands of people. If you are in a position to do so, you can make a donation here:

Donate

Give me some links so I can save myself and find the truth!

Yes plenty of moans, anti EU and buy product from the UK and outside of the EU.

Is that what Brexit was about just try and bring down the EU even if it costs you more to buy stuff from outside the EU?
Are you the UK qanon shaman for PFM? Do you dress up in the gear and make up?

Give me some links so I can save myself and find the truth!

Is that what Brexit was about just try and bring down the EU even if it costs you more to buy stuff from outside the EU?
I gave answers to questions asked. There are too many links, if you are interested put 'brexit news' into the you tube search box. Several post new content daily, usually from that days events, they are ahead of the papers.

I gave answers to questions asked. There are too many links, if you are interested put 'brexit news' into the you tube search box. Several post new content daily, usually from that days events, they are ahead of the papers.
Nargh, give us some links to your mostest favourite, bestest kippery vids.
Or better still, embed them and Tony will ban you.

ri50zQN.jpg

?

Too many links. Bot overloaded. Reboot needed.

Nargh, give us some links to your mostest favourite, bestest kippery vids.
Or better still, embed them and Tony will ban you.
As i say there are several, one is Jeff Taylor (ex UKIP) who posts daily. His latest, posted 3 hours ago has had 31,000 views in that time.

if you are interested put 'brexit news' into the you tube search box. Several post new content daily, usually from that days events, they are ahead of the papers.

'Ahead of the papers' Haha; brilliant insight.
All I see there are a bunch of gobshite morons.

Links to actual positives, please: you know, to actually remain on-topic.

As i say there are several, one is Jeff Taylor (ex UKIP) who posts daily. His latest, posted 3 hours ago has had 31,000 views in that time.
Ex Ukip...thrown out? Thrown out for being too fascist and joined the tories? Thrown out for being too fascist but not fascist enough for the tories, so in a state of purgatory?
Sorry, I can't bring myself to look, but I'm guessing you hang on to his every word so will know his status, and will obligingly tell me.
Incidentally, I'm getting a stronger and stronger impression that you are some sort of bot working to an algorithm where you ignore mostly the posts you answer and just use replying as a way of posting your junk (I'm intending the words "your junk" in the American slang meaning).
Perhaps you would like to alleviate suspicion - I know I'm not the only one on the forum who thinks this - by telling us about your audio rig, your taste in music and what recordings you particularly prize, and why. Don't worry about going off-topic - I think no one is averse to a little entertainment, and it could be your algorithm may endow you impressively enough for us all to enjoy a few nudges and look at the size of that moments. Or chortles as it gets it massively wrong.

Ex Ukip...thrown out? Thrown out for being too fascist and joined the tories? Thrown out for being too fascist but not fascist enough for the tories, so in a state of purgatory?
Sorry, I can't bring myself to look, but I'm guessing you hang on to his every word so will know his status, and will obligingly tell me.
Incidentally, I'm getting a stronger and stronger impression that you are some sort of bot working to an algorithm where you ignore mostly the posts you answer and just use replying as a way of posting your junk (I'm intending the words "your junk" in the American slang meaning).
Perhaps you would like to alleviate suspicion - I know I'm not the only one on the forum who thinks this - by telling us about your audio rig, your taste in music and what recordings you particularly prize, and why. Don't worry about going off-topic - I think no one is averse to a little entertainment, and it could be your algorithm may endow you impressively enough for us all to enjoy a few nudges and look at the size of that moments. Or chortles as it gets it massively wrong.
Don't shoot the messenger, there are several you tube channels with daily new content, and an increasing following of anti EU sentiment.

'Ahead of the papers' Haha; brilliant insight.
All I see there are a bunch of gobshite morons.

Links to actual positives, please: you know, to actually remain on-topic.
It’s the doorstep proselytiser- same technique. “Here’s a booklet proving the earth is only 6,000 years old, I’d like to come back when you’ve read it to discuss ‘what’s really going on’ and drop off more booklets for you to read”. It’s all a bit weird and a bit creepy.

It’s the doorstep proselytiser- same technique. “Here’s a booklet proving the earth is only 6,000 years old, I’d like to come back when you’ve read it to discuss ‘what’s really going on’ and drop off more booklets for you to read”. It’s all a bit weird and a bit creepy.
I used to have fun with them as a they had no idea how to deal with a white Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back