advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Whenever I hear folk demonstrating ignorance of, or cynically misunderstanding the reality of UK fishing, it's good to have a reminder from people involved.

123277819_10221116620237910_8613726870072660821_o.jpg
That's good. A perfect example of successive governments failing to admit fault and allowing the anti EU narrative to take hold. Far easier for them to take the blame for everything that's wrong.

Truth and facts were the first victims of brexit, soon to be followed by most of the rest of us.

Interesting. Whenever I hear folk demonstrating ignorance of, or cynically misunderstanding the reality of UK fishing, it's good to have a reminder from people involved.

Another one to pin on the tories. They really have screwed this country over good and proper. Anyone who helps them to a majority in the commons needs to take a good look at themselves.

Another one to pin on the tories. They really have screwed this country over good and proper. Anyone who helps them to a majority in the commons needs to take a good look at themselves.

Agreed Brian, but to then let them double down on it by being able to convince people who should know better that this was an EU created situation is all part of it. Anyone who voted Tory or Brexit is part of the same problem.

Werent we having the argument made here ( scraped from a Gerrard Batten tweet by the sound of it) that these EU leviathans would turn the North Sea into an ecological desert and that “the poor British fisherman” couldn’t hope to compete with his modest tackle? Meanwhile conveniently forgetting that the majority of English quotas had been sold off years ago by their owners to other EU fleets.

I`m 50 / 50 on that.
They may squabble so each leader can be seen to win and get a decent deal but a deal will happen. 90/10 for a deal. We still have the Remainers demanding a postponement, who are these people, the EU and the UK have wasted 4 years and both sides need to move on.

They may squabble so each leader can be seen to win and get a decent deal but a deal will happen. 90/10 for a deal. We still have the Remainers demanding a postponement, who are these people, the EU and the UK have wasted 4 years and both sides need to move on.

Having wasted so much time and money, now is not the time to examine whether it matches the promises or was wise. Far better to just plough on.

You say 'postponement'. What are we postponing? We've left the EU.

I say 'let's be sensible in the middle of a pandemic-created double-dip recession'.

Seriously, what is the hurry? I repeat—we've left the EU. Leave won. We're not cancelling Brexit.

Stephen

Having wasted so much time and money, now is not the time to examine whether it matches the promises or was wise. Far better to just plough on.
It is only fair the that the EU is allowed to plough forth to a federal USE, unfettered by the Eurosceptic UK. We wish them well.

Agreed Brian, but to then let them double down on it by being able to convince people who should know better that this was an EU created situation is all part of it. Anyone who voted Tory or Brexit is part of the same problem.
Along with anyone who helped them to a majority. The effect is to put them in govt. No difference at all, the outcome is tory policies.

I say 'let's be sensible in the middle of a pandemic-created double-dip recession'.

Seriously, what is the hurry? I repeat—we've left the EU. Leave won. We're not cancelling Brexit.

Stephen
What timescale do you have in mind for this non cancellation of brexit where we remain tied to the EU?

Stephen
It has taken 4 years to get to this point and there must be an end stop for anything to happen that is the way things are done. Everyone is geared up now to expect a deal and because each country is broke it will help to focus minds to achieve a deal. In the short to medium term a no deal is in no ones interest and at a guess that is what could happen if each country is not suffering Covid in the future.

The British government is going to be in a much stronger position to negotiate after tomorrow once America has been made great again. Perhaps Mr. Johnson also needs to shut down parliament again so that he can get on more effectively with Brexit?

Ah, so repeating more or less what was said yesterday. Nobody knows when that might happen so your idea is a non-starter.

Perhaps you could explain Brian, why we must leave the status quo on December the 31st?

What is the imperative for that date that trumps all other considerations including pandemics and depressions?

Stephen

Perhaps you could explain Brian, why we must leave the status quo on December the 31st?

What is the imperative for that date that trumps all other considerations including pandemics and depressions?

Stephen
You’re off again.

No, I can’t explain why because essentially I agree with you, just saying what I believe is the reality rather than wishful thinking. I do believe I’ve already said this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom