advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truss becomes dimly aware of who will be the fall guy when the s7i£ hits the fan.

Liz Truss warns Boris Johnson over Brexit border plans

Stephen

From the link and hardly a surprise, they lie all the time, it comes naturally to them. I’d swap “several” with “all” though.

...Truss’s letter “confirms fears that several ministers have been making things up as they go with a lack of awareness of the real world consequences of border policies they’ve had four years to develop”.

Sure why not continue the dumbing down of organizations. It has been very successful in the UK why not export the excess quality to the WTO? Looks like Phil Hogan is stuck dealing with EU/Brexit fun. The idea of Boris trying to get his dumb party trick past grumpy Big Phil will be entertaining later in the year.

I'm surprised Dr. Fox wants to become an unelected bureaucrat but maybe that chimes with your point.

More correctly, Liz Truss has been educated by her civil servants as to what will happen and and she's doing the CYA drill.
Poor Liz isn't smart enough to work this out for herself.

But at least she is covering her back side. There is a bit of self preservation at least going on.

BTW Colin another hole blown in your ROI beliefs. https://www.irishtimes.com/business...d-by-firms-in-ireland-12-oecd-finds-1.4299089 A bit of tweaking should get us up to the 12.5%. but of course nobody knows how the future is going to play out.

But at least she is covering her back side. There is a bit of self preservation at least going on.

BTW Colin another hole blown in your ROI beliefs. https://www.irishtimes.com/business...d-by-firms-in-ireland-12-oecd-finds-1.4299089 A bit of tweaking should get us up to the 12.5%. but of course nobody knows how the future is going to play out.
Guy has his eye on big company tax, dumping or not. Federal comments such as the EU should have its own income are the thin end of the wedge.

Guy has his eye on big company tax, dumping or not. Federal comments such as the EU should have its own income are the thin end of the wedge.

I see Wolfgang Schäuble, the architect of EU austerity following the Euro crisis, and hard man of German politics, is calling for more EU. As German Finance minister he also pursued the standardisation of corporation tax rates across the EZ. The EU will always seek to use a crisis to further the project.

I will reply to you again.

I’m confident you do not know how I voted, or why I voted how I did. I’m also confident you do not have the right to know.

Very much so.

Next..

Are you confident enough to tell us how you voted and to list the positive benefits of Brexit then?

The positive benefits of brexit, if there are to be any, are currently unknown, as we haven't yet brexited.

Why are you so obsessed about how Brian voted, ffs? He doesn't wish to share it, and it is anyway of absolutely no consequence to you or anyone else here.

The positive benefits of brexit, if there are to be any, are currently unknown, as we haven't yet brexited.

So Brexit is a leap of faith and nothing more? Call me Mr. Fussy, if you will, but I prefer to have some facts and likely costs vs benefits to the UK before deciding on whether such a hugely complex and complexly huge undertaking is a good idea or not.

So Brexit is a leap of faith and nothing more? Call me Mr. Fussy, if you will, but I prefer to have some facts and likely costs vs benefits to the UK before deciding on whether such a hugely complex and complexly huge undertaking is a good idea or not.
Correct. I would have liked more thought too, but it turned out that 52% thought that this was all too complicated. So we're "just getting it done". After all, the chief analyst, Mr Rees Mogg, says it might take 50 years to work out. Will you, he or I be around to check? No, I doubt it very much too.

Are you confident enough to tell us how you voted and to list the positive benefits of Brexit then?

I will reply to you again.

As I said earlier...

I’m confident you do not know how I voted, or why I voted how I did. I’m also confident you do not have the right to know.

Regarding your second question on the positives of brexit. istm I answered that ages ago, but possibly as a ‘new member’ you missed it. I suggest the built in search function, or use google to search the forum. This should help satisfy your interest.

Next..

Correct. I would have liked more thought too, but it turned out that 52% thought that this was all too complicated. So we're "just getting it done". After all, the chief analyst, Mr Rees Mogg, says it might take 50 years to work out. Will you, he or I be around to check? No, I doubt it very much too.

You are a gift to the ‘back boris’ crowd.

It is difficult to believe the magic money tree will continue to prop up so many countries for another 50 years when they refuse to reform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back