advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve obviously not been reading the OBR projections for collapse in U.K. GDP and rise in the budget deficit have you now?

If this is accurate then read it and weep brexiters. Where is the control in this? It's utterly shocking and shameful.

Some of it may be scaremongering but I think it's much more rooted in reality than the rainbows and unicorns the Government is trying to sell.

It's what happens when people cry wolf endlessly. The real stuff disappears into the chaff.
That can be true but we don't yet know which bits were crying wolf.

Concerns about food and the NHS were mainstays of remain and more recently the election campaign. Johnson gave repeated assurances about both and many people bought it, this from a serial (or should that be cereal) liar.

Engineering a complete break from the EU was always the plan of the arch-Brexiteers, so that they can create an unregulated free market economy in the UK with minimal State. Have a read of Britannia Unchained if you want to see their vision; It's horrifying.

If this is accurate then read it and weep brexiters. Where is the control in this? It's utterly shocking and shameful.

The scariest part of the article is not what type of deal they will accept, which is terrifying if it's true, but that Parliament has no way of even debating the deal, let alone having any mechanism to stop it at the time or any time in the future. Is this what Taking Back Control looks like? When will Brexiteers finally accept that they have been conned?

Engineering a complete break from the EU was always the plan of the arch-Brexiteers, so that they can create an unregulated free market economy in the UK with minimal State. Have a read of Britannia Unchained if you want to see their vision; It's horrifying.
I'm still trying to get hold of a copy without putting money in the authors' pockets. It will appear one day at my Oxfam shop

I'm still trying to get hold of a copy without putting money in the authors' pockets. It will appear one day at my Oxfam shop

Get a used one on eBay. I bought mine from someone who specifically said they'd bought it for research, not because the ideas appealed.

And it is truly terrifying that the authors are now at the highest levels of political influence in our country.

Stephen

Get a used one on eBay. I bought mine from someone who specifically said they'd bought it for research, not because the ideas appealed.

And it is truly terrifying that the authors are now at the highest levels of political influence in our country.

Stephen
When asked about their contributions to the book they all wriggle and say ' not me guv'. In which case I would apply the principle of joint enterprise and attribute all of what is contained to each of them.

The pandemic has demonstrated clearly how fragile our society is. We are heading for a major economic and social shock. There's a huge economic depression coming, high unemployment and possibly food shortages. The Tories will respond with Austerity plus, one way or another. Social breakdown is more likely to happen as poverty and inequality rises.

All countries will be facing these challenges, but the UK is particular vulnerable as it is by choice adding a further economic and societal shock in December.

This is a specific choice made by the Government and, ultimately, those who voted to leave the EU, whatever their political views.

Some even wish to bring further pain to our neighbours by hoping for the breakup of the EU.

Other countries (apart from those that will benefit by the defenestration of the UK's influence and the destruction of the EU, such as the USA, China and Russia) must think we've gone completely bonkers. And incredibly selfish.

Stephen

When asked about their contributions to the book they all wriggle and say ' not me guv'. In which case I would apply the principle of joint enterprise and attribute all of what is contained to each of them.
Who is Chris Skidmark? The rest rose to greatness under the patronage of May and Johnson, I assume he’s the one who actually put the work in then got dumped ( which is actually their societal model).
I’m holding out for a near mint copy signed by Liz Truss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back