advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t matter what I believe. Sufficient MPs did not trust May, they believed the backstop would come into effect and we would be trapped in the single market and customs union, eg we would not leave the EU. May is a remainer and is also an authoritarian who rarely seems to listen. She was trying to get a remain deal through in a dishonest fashion by selling it as a leave deal.

Johnson’s agreement is chaff, imo. I think he wants to leave with no deal and doesn’t really care about anything else.

Well, you did say "as I understand it, and I'm ok with being corrected ...". But if it doesn't matter what you believe, then I guess our work is done here.

The Labour policy was clear, that you wanted it to be something else doesn’t mean it was fence sitting.

It doesn’t matter that remain party’s got more individual votes in the GE.

I doesn't matter for the GE election but it does indicate that at least half of those who voted probably, still or now, wish to remain.

Anyway, let's wait for the next GE.

Well, you did say "as I understand it, and I'm ok with being corrected ...". But if it doesn't matter what you believe, then I guess our work is done here.
That's true and I am. Trouble is, you haven't corrected me and I explained why in my post. May's deal meant staying in the Customs Union and Single Market, for some reason you think it did not.

My comment "It doesn't matter what I believe" obviously refers to that other fact, which is neither you nor I had the opportunity to vote on May's deal. That was MPs, so what matters is what they believed, not what you or I believe. I explained that clearly too.

So, yes. I think we're done unless anything I've posted is actually incorrect.

According to the Guardian more than 10,000 EU nationals had left the NHS since the EU referendum by the end of November 2019...

NHS staff shortages increase. 90% of health leaders say that understaffing is putting patient safety and care at risk. Latest figures show that there are now 106,000 vacancies across the NHS in England, including over 44,000 vacancies in nursing. This marks an increase from one year ago. (12/2019)
https://www.unison.org.uk
The shortage of nurses will get worse. There are more leaving than entering the profession. Creative recruitment and paid apprentice style training is maybe the way to go; instead of high cost (for the nurse) university entry, which is not providing the number required.

That's true and I am. Trouble is, you haven't corrected me and I explained why in my post. May's deal meant staying in the Customs Union and Single Market, for some reason you think it did not.

My comment "It doesn't matter what I believe" obviously refers to that other fact, which is neither you nor I had the opportunity to vote on May's deal. That was MPs, so what matters is what they believed, not what you or I believe. I explained that clearly too.

So, yes. I think we're done unless anything I've posted is actually incorrect.

You didn't explain what your grounds were for thinking that May's withdrawal agreement kept the UK in the customs union and single market; you just restated your belief.

You didn't address any of the points in my post #2156.

You didn't explain what your grounds were for thinking that May's withdrawal agreement kept the UK in the customs union and single market; you just restated your belief.

You didn't address any of the points in my post #2156.
Ok, you think it did not, many people, significantly hundreds of MPs, believe it did.

I followed the debates at the time involving those in favour of May’s deal and those against, then I made up my mind and agreed with those against.

Ok, you think it did not, many people, significantly hundreds of MPs, believe it did.

I followed the debates at the time involving those in favour of May’s deal and those against, then I made up my mind and agreed with those against.

OK. Have a good day.

Because if we are not reminded daily that the EU will swap your car for cheese we will be eternally under the cosh of The ECJ
When I was a boy, my father had a car that might as well have been made out of cheese, it had more holes than Swiss cheese. It said BMC on it.

Because if we are not reminded daily that the EU will swap your car for cheese we will be eternally under the cosh of The ECJ
Almost correct. 'Cheese and wine for cars' and 'Cars for Cows'. Neither of these deals have a positive benefit for the UK only a negative impact as Japanese car makers in Europe return to Japan.

Give me a positive effect Brexit will have on my daily life.
I doubt anything will become clear until it is known what kind of deal (if any) the tories have achieved with the EU and further time has passed with the UK operating outside the EU.

In the meantime, what are the daily positive effects of the EU project compared with the effects of the EEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back