advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2023 ‘Epic Fail’ box set edition)

How do you go about making dumb voters accountable for the mess we're in?
Well, I suppose they/we experience the consequences of those actions and come to a determination whether they/we like them or not. Come election time they can then vote for the status quo or for change and whoever gets the most MPs has a crack at it for the next five years or so. R3presentative democracy - kind of - although I am no fan of FPTP myself but still more accountable than the EU.

Last edited:
New Red, White and Blue regulations are coming later this month.

https://www.ft.com/content/3188a79b-9252-4ad3-99c8-21b24d6ba654
Maybe, maybe not.

Inspections already “postponed five times since 2021”, presumably because the British authorities haven’t been able to get themselves organized since Brexit. The accountability is lacking even on such a basic measure of Take Back Control as filtering goods coming through the border.

Maybe, maybe not.

Inspections already “postponed five times since 2021”, presumably because the British authorities haven’t been able to get themselves organized since Brexit. The accountability is lacking even on such a basic measure of Take Back Control as filtering goods coming through the border.
Ah, Boris’s joyous oven ready deal except that no one had checked if the oven could still work after it was last used in 1993. The electrician has failed to show up twice now and the parts are no longer in sock.

y2fkFZm.jpg

Ah, Boris’s joyous oven ready deal except that no one had checked if the oven could still work after it was last used in 1993. The electrician has failed to show up twice now and the parts are no longer in sock.

y2fkFZm.jpg
I don’t think that I can take it
‘Cause it took so long to fake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again, oh no

y2fkFZm.jpg
I see what you did there.
Leaving the Brexit//turkey puppet parallel for a mo, it’s clear this lot couldn’t organize a border even if you paid them £ 350 M a week to do so. Forget Brussels: maybe they should delegate that part to Paul Kagame, too.

I don't pay income taxes in the UK, but am exposed to inheritance taxes and taxes on my UK pension SIPP. I also have to pay a fortune for passport renewal. Meanwhile I don't cost the UK system a penny for health, policing etc.
The Brits out here are better educated and more cosmopolitan than many back home, but unlike the 60s and 70s exodus of white Brits to Australia, not so racist.
Had my Malaysia wife and I not had children we would have toughed it out (sic) and stayed in KL. Came back for the kids education and to home them here. Had I know about the Tories, Brexit and the growing gammon tendency we might have stayed. Still, being in Scotland we are spared the worst of the little-england muppets.

A snide comment? Surely not. It was a genuine request.
No, not a genuine request but definite snide. You could've used the search function in a fraction of the time it has taken to play your games in more than one post over more than one page, over several days. Nothing genuine about your ‘request’ at all.

Port Talbot, nowt to do wi Brexit. The corpulent Lord Digby resting his patulous arse cheeks on the deep buttoned red leather benches of the HoL, scooping £2k a week for the pleasure of doing so.

sBi3hqc.jpg

Maybe, maybe not.

It's certainly likely as the Tories are in election mode.

Maybe, maybe not.

Another one who voted against border inspections moaning about the fact that the UK hasn't instigated border inspections.

Another one who voted against border inspections moaning about the fact that the UK hasn't instigated border inspections.
Nice try. I’m not moaning: shaking my head in disbelief at the inconsequence, and highlighting the absurdity of the situation. Their incompetence suits me just fine in this case, and I suspect it suits you, too: you get another reprieve from the consequences of your vote.

But have no fear: the day they finally get around to implementing something, it will be “world-beating”.

Just symptomatic of Tories making Brexit promises that were lies, making commitments they couldn’t meet, looking for excuses for the disaster that is Brexit. Still, the sponsors and instigators of Brexit are all in good shape and who gives a **** about the little people anyway.

And was too stupid to expect that they'd have to be put in place... (the UK Gov/ Leavers, not the Remain voter)

You often seem to articulate a quite solipsistic sense of your own elevated intelligence.

From what I've seen so far, the only people who are interested in border checks being commenced are various people who voted against them, like the semi-hysterical European Movement UK I mentioned upstream. And, it seems PsB.

advertisement

Back