advertisement

Bosch has a lot to answer for….

I'm a fan of the Bosch books, which frequently give good recommendations for jazz albums. Because I like the books I won't watch the tv series. I've found on too many occasions that for artistic or budget reasons, a film or tv series deviates too far from the book, The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit being cases in point (I was dragged along by family, and refused to go to the second and third films of The Hobbit).
I don't mind some things being missed out because of the time factor, but changing things, like TLOTR did in order to give Liv Tyler a more prominent role, grates.

Yeah, probably best not to have a big feck-off subwoofer in that trailer on stilts either.

Screenshot-009730.jpg

That could be quite some sledge and a helluva ride come the next big earthquake...……………..

Ohm sells direct from their brooklyn factory. The prices actually aren't that steep.

They tick all the right boxes for a direct-selling small audio company;

- Confusing website
- Weird arrangement of models
- Odd way of categorizing what would suit the customer best

I think they tend to explain which model would work based on the size of the room. That's fine but so few speaker manufacturers start with that as a jumping off point.

They do some very smart things with the omnidirectional design, including intentionally cutting down on the dispersion to the rear such that they sound good up against a wall (as Craig B compared above, "Larsen", very similar in concept).

I haven't heard any of them. They used to be amplifier destroyers with weird loads but they have since become more manageable. Some people swear by them.

That being said I've noticed more often than not that they tend to be regarded as a really cool and good sounding novelty, and then get left behind for something more conventional.

There's a pair of those in the window of our local Thorntons chocoltate shop.
Do they arrange chocolates round the Dalek's head(s)?

Seriously, I always thought that all those SoundSpan needed was a bog plunger sticking out the front. EXTERMINATE!

To be honest I'd give my left nut for his house, it's way more desirable than his hi-fi!
The one to have, assuming a left testicle is involved in the transaction, is Stahl House (aka Architect Pierre Koenig’s 'Case Study House No. 22'). Everything else is an 'also-ran'.

1200px-Case_Study_House_No._22.JPG

stahlhouse.jpg

I've wanted to own this house since I was a child with dreams of being an architect myself.

stahlhouse.jpg

The Bosch house sold twenty years ago for $789,000, and hasn’t been on the market since. Currently valued circa $2M.

The Stahl House was where Tim Allen’s character lived in Galaxy Quest. Not too shabby, Commander Taggart.

advertisement

Back