advertisement

Books that made you Laugh - Recommendations

I remember they made 'Blott on the landscape'' into a film (or a BBC mini series maybe?) with Suchet as Blott. Brilliant, although the book was, as ever, funnier still.

I know they, whoever they were, made porterhouse blue into a series with David Jason as skullion iirc. Was good to see the old place again when they aired it. Many memories

The Brentford Trilogy (it was in five parts the last time I checked) by Robert Rankin Fleming is a hoot. The titles will tell you what to expect; East of Ealing, The Sprouts of Wrath etc. Marvelous books about the struggle to avoid working for a living accidentally leading the protagonists to save the universe on a semi-regular basis.

The Brentford Trilogy (it was in five parts the last time I checked) by Robert Rankin Fleming is a hoot. The titles will tell you what to expect; East of Ealing, The Sprouts of Wrath etc. Marvelous books about the struggle to avoid working for a living accidentally leading the protagonists to save the universe on a semi-regular basis.
Definitely highly amusing fare. There's a few more now than five in the increasingly inaccurately named trilogy (where did I read that phrase before?). See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brentford_Trilogy. I have only read the first four.

Another mention for Meaning of Liff and deeper meaning of Liff along with Douglas Adams Hitch Hiker books.

Particularly liked the entries regarding Corridor etiquette

advertisement

Back