advertisement

BMW X1 sDrive16d xLine

Hi Tones,

No, they don't, Ian, at least not on a 1-Series in Swizzieland. The wife of one of our lab folk has one and it stays in the garage in winter, when there's snow and ice around, and she takes the train.

Thanks for the additional info, I should have put winter tyres should mitigate against this, as I have no evidence that it did for 1 series owners, which would still have left your real evidence as more important.

The only thing that did mitigate when someone got stuck, in an emergency, was snow socks for tyres, but that was a get out of jail card only!

Hi Fox,

Sorry to hear about Jago, just reread parts of the thread to see that I had missed your text.

Ian

Sorry to hear about the woof, loosing a pet hurts.

My DNA is strangely resistant to Skoda, yes yes yes I know, they have reformed....

As to Skoda, they were never bad cars its just that us Brits are so damn snobbish about stuff. Curiously they are now considered by many to be the best VAG choice.

Choosing a new set of wheels can be hard work but it should be fun and it sounds like you have it just about tied up. A two mile track does dictate choice. Good luck.

We are down to one dog now, Mischa, the fiendly house bear @ 2 years old. Who cannot believe his luck at his promotion to chief yoghurt pot cleaner... So the internal requirement for a Zafira sized MMV or Super roomy SUV is a little less stringent. I decided to also get neat little 2 seater runabout for myself and offload a load of the junk cars I seem to have gathered. Clear it all out. Two of my junk cars were sold and towed away yesterday to breakers. Suprisingly satisfying. I still want to get rid of the SORNed Pajero also but ms fox wants to keep it...

Mischa, doing what he does by eponamusic, on Flickr

Yeah I miss Jago a lot, and responsibility to Mischa means keeping it real...

We have a friend who has had two Freelanders. He's a masochist, for both have been tragi- comedies costing thousands for multiple failures in and out of warranty.

advertisement

Back