advertisement

[FS] Bluesound Node 2i

Cato

pfm Member
Selling my mint black 2i as I’m moving up the ladder.

It has worked flawlessly for me and I bought it new around 2.5 years ago.

Comes with all original packaging, the various cabling as well as the power cord. I used an aftermarket Nordost power cord which I feel improved resolution somewhat, but not dramatically so.

I’ve never figured out how to attach photos here but happy to send some via email (It looks like all other 2i’s) - please pm me and I’ll send pics.

Asking £330 including UK shipping.

Any questions please holler.

Last edited:
My current thinking is one of the higher end Auralic or Lumins. But truth be told the Node sounds really quite good

Yep Node is good, and even better pimped (PS board, LPS & ext DAC).
I went from a pimped Node2/SBooster/Ultra > MutecMC-3 > Black Ice DSD (Jolida) DAC, to a ZenITH mk3 direct into the BI (after lots of auditioning) and it was a major uplift in SQ, more so after removing the Mutec from the chain, to my ears.

My current thinking is one of the higher end Auralic or Lumins. But truth be told the Node sounds really quite good

Yes, they sound really good for their money.

If you think Auralic or Lumins try Lindemann MusicBook Source as well.

That is also a thought - heard mixed things about adding dacs to the Node but perhaps worth exploring? I know some do after changing the power supply etc on the Node but it all seems a bit of a faff

I have a couple of nodes and qutest plus Auralic Altair, Aries and vegas. The node plus Qutest is the best combination I have heard before going to the Auralic. It’s worth checking out on the pre owned market. You wouldn’t lose much if you moved it on.

Thanks ! Interesting- a few used Auralic Altairs out there and one of these is part of my thinking. Single box is advantageous as well for me

That is also a thought - heard mixed things about adding dacs to the Node but perhaps worth exploring? I know some do after changing the power supply etc on the Node but it all seems a bit of a faff
Seriously? The internal DAC on the Node is ok but most folk use it purely as a streamer for which it is a cracker regardless of price and stellar in its price bracket.

Mine is pimped with linear PSU and Mutec, natch, but is doing a superb job into a £15,000 RRP dCS DAC and I feel no need to change my streamer. Will of course try the Innuos stuff as John suggests but the Node 2i as a pure streamer into a DAC of your choice is very hard to beat.

Good luck with your sale!

Oh, and about the faff... it's easy. I wasn't particularly tech-savvy when I flipped the lid on mine (I've learned a bit since then!) to install an interface board so I could use a linear PSU but the instructions from Pawel or from Fidelity Audio are crystal clear and it takes 5-10 minutes. Remove magnetic back cover, remove 4 screws, flip the lid, replace the thing with the thing... and reassemble. If anyone out there is tempted by the legend that is the BluOS interface and thinking that they would buy this Node if only they could one day pimp it, hesitate no more. Slap an SBooster on the end of a Node and you're in for a treat.

Hi flash - many thanks for your thoughts and I am now having second thoughts about selling this. I think I’ll give a dac a go, and maybe try Pawel’s ps

And thanks to all who jumped in here ! Much food for thought and why this forum is so useful.

cheers

advertisement

Back