advertisement

[FS] Bluesound Node 2i

Oh, and about the faff... it's easy. I wasn't particularly tech-savvy when I flipped the lid on mine (I've learned a bit since then!) to install an interface board so I could use a linear PSU but the instructions from Pawel or from Fidelity Audio are crystal clear and it takes 5-10 minutes. Remove magnetic back cover, remove 4 screws, flip the lid, replace the thing with the thing... and reassemble. If anyone out there is tempted by the legend that is the BluOS interface and thinking that they would buy this Node if only they could one day pimp it, hesitate no more. Slap an SBooster on the end of a Node and you're in for a treat.
Any soldering?

I use mine with a used 2 qute dac with a PSU upgrade massive difference to my ears . So is it better to add a PSU to the node aswell as the dac ?

I use mine with a used 2 qute dac with a PSU upgrade massive difference to my ears . So is it better to add a PSU to the node aswell as the dac ?
It depends on your propensity for pimping I suppose but in my case emphatically Yes. I found an SBooster BOTW made a clearly audible improvement to my Node into external DAC.

Hi,
Sorry to flood the ad, but I'm thinking of buying this product and using it with a Naim Dac. I'm currently using a Cambridge audio dac magic v2, but like the idea of trying MQA tracks..

Does an external power supply to the Node really improve the quality of the digital output? Also, how much are the modifications & power supply? Would you just be better of buying a more expensive streamer in the first place?

It is quite amazing what a difference a good linear PSU makes. Just added one to my Innuos Zen Mini this very week- wonderful improvement. Had same result with a Best of Two Worlds PSU when I had a Squeezebox Touch (still have it, fo sale if anyone interested). Can imagine PSU upgrade will be signf improvement on Bluesound though I have never heard one with the mod.

Hi,
Sorry to flood the ad, but I'm thinking of buying this product and using it with a Naim Dac. I'm currently using a Cambridge audio dac magic v2, but like the idea of trying MQA tracks..

Does an external power supply to the Node really improve the quality of the digital output? Also, how much are the modifications & power supply? Would you just be better of buying a more expensive streamer in the first place?
Big difference, and around £250 from Poland for Pawel’s ps.

Echoing the above, well worth doing. Install an interface board from Pawel or Fidelity to open up a choice of 5v linear PSUs.
If you’re not convinced a mere change of power supply can make a sonic difference, take a close look at the product ranges of say Innuos or Auralic; a heck of a lot of the difference in components as you move up the range is power supply related…
On my own Node 2i I started with an Allo Shanti (great sound per pound), then SBooster BOTW which is the best I’ve heard sub-£400 and now have a Sean Jacobs DC3+.

I've read on another forum that the silent angel m1t performs better as a transport. You can also buy their external power supply, which might be easier than making modifications and using third party power supplies.

Hi,

Yep makes a significant difference. It might depend if you have a Node2i in the first place, then view it as an upgrade route.

I was a little clever and upgraded for £75. Only because someone advertised a mint Node2i on a with a Fidelity Audio linear psu on a 20% off eBay day. So I bought that and sold mine!

I've read on another forum that the silent angel m1t performs better as a transport. You can also buy their external power supply, which might be easier than making modifications and using third party power supplies.
The Node is pretty well established compared with the M1T, but the latter does get good reviews. Like many, I suspect, I started with a vanilla Node and first added external DAC (big improvement) then PSU. If I were looking for my first streamer I’d probably still go Node or would now take a serious look at the Innuos Pulse Mini; it would take me a lot of research before committing to the M1T as I would be nervous about a VitOS (?) based system and how the user experience of their Orbitor app compares with the proven and excellent BluOS.

advertisement

Back