advertisement

Bluesound Node 2i upgrades

Yes but it seems not by USB transmission... got to be by coax I think so that limits the range of DACs available to handle MQA

Seems that Teddy Pardo does indeed sell a interface and psu upgrade. Costs about £514 plus shipping and import fees which add about £50.
Not cheap but he has a reputation so it may be of interest to some...

If the online reviews are right, you're into some next-level streamers when you add that to the purchase of the Node. Over £500 tweaking a £500 device. Mad.

Seems that Teddy Pardo does indeed sell a interface and psu upgrade. Costs about £514 plus shipping and import fees which add about £50.
Not cheap but he has a reputation so it may be of interest to some...

Are you sure about the £50 suspect that is very much lower than the real cost. Unles they offer shipping with UK clearance included then you will have at least £25 flat fee for clearance and handling import payment . There will then be VAT of 20% on the full cost of the unit plus shipping plus 3% import duty on the cost of the unit . Given this I make the Import to be about £118 Duty and VAT and then plus the £25 falt fee clearance .

If the online reviews are right, you're into some next-level streamers when you add that to the purchase of the Node. Over £500 tweaking a £500 device. Mad.
If the end result would be better than the £1000 next level streamers, why not?

Not aimed at you Steve, just commenting .

I wonder if that price from Teddy is expensive due to the value of the pound?

Not taken as a dig in any way Ginger, as you said at the start of this thread, it's a lot of money for something that no one seems to have tried or reviewed. I imagine that buying direct might make returns expensive should you /one not want to keep it..
Its actually not as expensive as the top Fidelity Audio psu which is well over £700 just in case anyone has just won the lottery..

Are you sure about the £50 suspect that is very much lower than the real cost. Unles they offer shipping with UK clearance included then you will have at least £25 flat fee for clearance and handling import payment . There will then be VAT of 20% on the full cost of the unit plus shipping plus 3% import duty on the cost of the unit . Given this I make the Import to be about £118 Duty and VAT and then plus the £25 falt fee clearance .
I think the rates are different on goods from Israel.

Just done the Fidelity Audio upgrade in my Node 2i. Only bought the board. Like others, I can't justify spending £500 on upgrading a product that cost me less than £400. The board cost me £125 and I use a iFi 5v power supply which was £45. Very happy with the results. Wondering if it's worth looking at the iFi iPower X at £95? Their PSU's seem to be a good option if you're looking to do the upgrade whilst keeping things sensibly priced.

Just done the Fidelity Audio upgrade in my Node 2i. Only bought the board. Like others, I can't justify spending £500 on upgrading a product that cost me less than £400. The board cost me £125 and I use a iFi 5v power supply which was £45. Very happy with the results. Wondering if it's worth looking at the iFi iPower X at £95? Their PSU's seem to be a good option if you're looking to do the upgrade whilst keeping things sensibly priced.
Well, if you get it (the X) from amazon then you can return it easily enough. I did. I've now got the ifi powering something else but can't say if it makes any real difference. It was a while back but I seem to remember reading that the X is basically the same as the ifi just in a new package.
For me, the whole point of the upgrade was a better power supply, and fidelity audio were not keen (to the point he stopped replying to my emails asking if I could buy 2 of his and return one after a trial) in helping so I went for the Sbooster which was a BIG upgrade.
Just my experience, so it may differ for you. Fanthorpes sent me my Sbooster with a months home trial but it only took me a few moments to decide. No other places made me the same offer, plus they were cheaper by a few pounds.

Well, if you get it (the X) from amazon then you can return it easily enough. I did. I've now got the ifi powering something else but can't say if it makes any real difference. It was a while back but I seem to remember reading that the X is basically the same as the ifi just in a new package.
For me, the whole point of the upgrade was a better power supply, and fidelity audio were not keen (to the point he stopped replying to my emails asking if I could buy 2 of his and return one after a trial) in helping so I went for the Sbooster which was a BIG upgrade.
Just my experience, so it may differ for you. Fanthorpes sent me my Sbooster with a months home trial but it only took me a few moments to decide. No other places made me the same offer, plus they were cheaper by a few pounds.

That's about £300.00 isn't it? To be honest, that's a step too far for me. That makes the board and the PSU more than I paid for the Node 2i. I've been happy spend a couple of hundred quid on getting better performance from the 2i, but I think that's as far as I'd go with the product.

That's about £300.00 isn't it? To be honest, that's a step too far for me. That makes the board and the PSU more than I paid for the Node 2i. I've been happy spend a couple of hundred quid on getting better performance from the 2i, but I think that's as far as I'd go with the product.

Go for the Allo Shanti power supply instead of the SBooster if you want to keep the price down a bit.

I bought my Allo Shanti and Polish power interface board back in the summer and I was very pleased with the way that it improved the sound of my Node 2 :)

Go for the Allo Shanti power supply instead of the SBooster if you want to keep the price down a bit.

I bought my Allo Shanti and Polish power interface board back in the summer and I was very pleased with the way that it improved the sound of my Node 2 :)

Adam, same question to you - did it improve the digital output?

Adam, same question to you - did it improve the digital output?

Hi,

I am not entirely sure what you mean.

I run my Node 2 into an external DAC and I bought the Allo Shanti and interface at the same time.

From what I have read about this upgrade it does not affect the digital output as such rather it stops some of the noise that the internal power supply puts out.

The effect was not subtle.

Adam

advertisement

Back