advertisement

bicycle portraits

image.php

DSC_8730.jpg

In the apartment. This is my old Cannondale Mtn bike up on a Trek Cycle Ops flywheel stand. Now that the rains are letting up I anticipate getting outside with this old rig but want to get into some kind of shape before going any serious distances in my neighborhood. Locals tell me there are some good bike routes to explore, so I will -- later this month and into the summer.

-Steve

Nice posed shot. One thing I've noticed in several other shots, presumably taken within Toronto, is the lack of bicycle helmets in use. Down here in the states helmets are required by law. I presume there is no such legislation up North.
-Steve

The skewed composition is called Dutch Angle, and is a known photographic technique :)

well, that may be the case but i had no idea -- and i generally hate the technique. in the pic above, my lens was way too wide, i had a parked car behind me and it was the best i could o with 1 second of thinking.

that said, given that i haven't yet perfected my wyat earp hip shooting technique, things often end up like this (taken earlier today):

image.php

p.s. australian kitsch guy shadow method applied mercilessly.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back