advertisement

Best water for RCM

That's cheap, even though your gallon isn't as big as ours. Generally, Chemists or car accs. stores here sell distilled water.

Are there such shops as grocers any more? Distilled water from a greengrocer is likely to have algae in it.:)

lol. Grocers/greengrocers, same thing down this neck of the woods. Veg, fruit, maybe a flower or two. Definitely no distilled water. I think in the UK, it’s automotive parts suppliers and hardware/DIY shops.

When i infrequently need to clean newly acquired 2nd hand record purchases I use tap water and detergent or the clear multi-surface cleaner. Never had a problem.

Deionised is your best bet, distilled is evaporated water so it leaves most of impurities behind however deionised has had all ions removed, hence the name. You can buy it from Halfords or wherever very cheaply in 5l containers. Id imagine it will last a lifetime of record cleaning

This is exactly what I do and use it to make up my own solution: 80% Halfords battery water, 20% isopropyl alcohol and 5ml of Ilfords photographic surfactant added to a 1 litre batch. Used it for years with my kit-build Moth RCM. Effective and very cheap!

I always pick up mine from Lourdes when I visit.
3-AD1-DB13-85-A7-4-EA9-93-D8-9-A4-FD8820-CBB.jpg

FF9-FEF99-6129-4523-8396-5475-C90-C2629.jpg

Just some recent experience - the Nagaoka 102 sleeves seem to be out of stock at a number of places lately. Don't know why.

I found what appear to be a decent replacement at British Audio Products here.

Yes I totally agree, in fact I think they actually feel a bit better than the Nagaoka 102's...

When I got my Nitty Gritty I used demineralised water smuggled out of a cleanroom.

Maybe a wrong move. Said cleanroom was for 8" wafers at that time, not 12".

cleanroom.jpeg

advertisement

Back