advertisement

Best S/H Integrated Amp for under £200

@MJSM

Mike, no worries.

The Cyrus setup is now with another PFM member. ;)

The GE connection is the same with the Yamaha.

Both the CD player and cassette deck are inputs into the GE. The single output goes into the amps CD input.

Because this GE has better connectivity, I simply switch CD and cassette on the GE.

I tend to listen to the hifi with HAs, because the GE is setup up for no HAs. Once I listen with HAs, I have to adjust the sliders on the GE.

I went through several GEs so will be selling.

If you are near (Bromsgrove, Worcestershire) me, I have a GE with sliders (others are DSP) you are welcome to take away and try.

Or I can post to you.

Good luck.

Hi AnilS,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I was just surfing Ebay as you replied, there are a few around but not too many decent ones. I am sure it is not a subject much discussed on any of the Hi-Fi forums because everybody assumes that GEs degrade the sound, it's unfortunate really that everybody assumes everyone else has perfect hearing ability (or a perfect room to listen to the Hi-Fi in for that matter), I think they have forgotten that GEs were typically introduced as a way of making the Hi-Fi more listenable in any room format.

As a way of getting round a hearing impairment they must ultimately be better than a HA (with it's bandwidth restricted to around 10Khz or less). So I am very interested to hear what you are selling, and would value your comment / recommendation for each of them. I'm not really in your area so it would need to be a postage, but I think I would just buy one rather than borrow it, I could sell it on if it's not to my taste.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike. Will test kit today and post in the classifieds, if I get a chance.

The opposite happened, that it didn't degrade the sound. I could actually hear what I used to, albeit not in the fullness of detail I had. My hearing loss is getting quite severe. now.

advertisement

Back