advertisement

Best Rock Singers

There are so many great rock singers but as yet no mention of Keith Relf with that snarly way he had whilst fronting the Yardbirds. In some ways the Yardbirds were more influential than successful and you hear nuances of their sound all over rock music from the mid 60’s onwards.

Brad Delp! indeed.
For sure. Boston's debut was a mind blowing recording. When I first heard it on it's release on my mates cheap ferguson TT it blew my sock's off. Even on this cheap as chips TT, it was sonically outstanding and Delp's voice was pure class.
Guess that was a time that I listened to more music than the performance of the equipment that was being used to play it.

To this day it's a mind blowing album. That his mate Tom scholtz recorded everything in his basement and achieved this sound (and Brad this singing) using his own contraptions is unbelievable.

To this day it's a mind blowing album. That his mate Tom scholtz recorded everything in his basement and achieved this sound (and Brad this singing) using his own contraptions is unbelievable.
Agree and when you listen to much of the rock music that is recorded nowadays with the latest tech that sounds like mush due to compression, mastering or whatever, It begs the question WTF is going on.

Grace Slick

Mmmm, I was gonna post inactive and active vocalist list, Grace would be no 1 for the former and Tarja Turunen "Nightwish"as active, although she parted with NW.

Checkout Grace Slicks vocal prowess in"Across The Board." taken from Baron von Tolbooth...

Tarja Turunens vocal prowess singing "The Phantom of the Opera" live, see those girls in the front row loosing it when Tarja begins...

Enjoy.

My current best of male vocalist is "Bjørn Alexander Brem," ie Gothminister.

Freak...

The Flying Man (2017) // Official Music Video // AFM Records...

I dedicate the above song to the departed president drumpf.

Checkout your Bass Drivers after playing time 00:2:20:

A good workout eh? :eek:

Not everything. "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" was recorded in LA to help pretend to CBS execs that they had re-recorded Tom's 'demo' properly. ;)

hi, just come to this thread a bit late, so haven't read it all, so how many people have voted like me for Geddy Lee, :rolleyes:

This is all very reminiscent of Sounds polls or Kerrang! So in the same vein, nobody has mentioned Phil Mogg - UFO's Strangers in the Night is the standout double live album of the mid to late 70s, more than Live and Dangerous, if that's your thing ;)

advertisement

Back