advertisement

best din interconnect for Naim

I would like to try out the Vertere cables, but haven't managed to do so thus far. The Chord cables are very expensive but my experience has been extremely positive with them. I started with a naim hi-line which in my system at the time was a massive improvement over the lavender for my cds3 player. Back then I think the hi-line was very delicate and I found that over time the dead weight of the cable 'popped' the plastic rings. I moved on to chord sarum and strongly recommend - despite being crazy expensive, it represents a tremendous performance / relative value - relative to the ChordMusic cables!

Peter

I also vote for Lavender or Chord Chrysalis ... Until a few weeks ago .

Vertere Red line , not cheap but bloody good . The Din cables are beautifully made and Naim friendly Lots of on-line reviews from different and respected reviewers , all very enthusiastic
I've been using Chord Chrysalis for over 35 years and only last month have I found something better. Bought two Red-lines and a D-Fi . D-Fi not available with Din plugs

I have tried Hi-line Flashback Premiere and Linn Silver Lavender and Chrysalis . Have used Chrysalis , Linn Silver ( liked that but a bit speaker dependent ) . But Red line beats them all
Thanks, it’s a pity there is no din version. I read good reviews on vertere cables

My system is quite similar. NDS, 282/SC/300DR, same speakers. This won't help much, but I have the Morgana DIN Source (2 of them, haha), and I did a test swapping back and forth with the Lavender. No comparison, massive difference. Like 3 or 4 times better. It's the biggest difference in cable quality I've heard in my system.

I would have thought Tellurium Q and Chord would be good options, but everyone is different, and so is each system and the room it is in. Someone mentioned AR, and I think there are a couple of other options out there.
Fully know Morgana are great cables, if sometime you would like to sell one set I would be happy to buy!

Thanks, it’s a pity there is no din version. I read good reviews on vertere cables

Hi,
It's the D-Fi cable that is only available in phono .

The Red Line is very much aimed at the Naim user with Din to Din and Phono to Din cables

Naim Lavender works very nicely between my supercap and 552 but was less convincing than a Hiline between my ND555 and the pre, until the hiline breaks that is. My home demo of a Supalumina against the hiline didn’t convince but that was between CDX2 and 282. Context is important with cables I think but I’m probably ripe for further experiments, if I can get home demos.
The Luna mentioned above isn’t the one from Canada I presume, that has a fan or two on the Naim forum.

AR Sound Lunar has been on my radar for a long time but for some reason have never given them a try. I went from lavender to HiLine, which I then replace with Morgana, I didn't want the hassle of the HiLine & didn't notice any decrease in performance so now use Morgana for both my source cables. Unfortunately I did have a matching mono pair for my 300DR on order, that were never received. It looks like AR Sound offers these cables in both their Lunar & Lunar Equilateral lines, anyone happen to have experience with this specific cable?

I stopped thinking about swapping interconnects after installing AR Lunar cables in my rig (ndac 72 250) & would recommend.

AR Sound Lunar has been on my radar for a long time but for some reason have never given them a try. I went from lavender to HiLine, which I then replace with Morgana, I didn't want the hassle of the HiLine & didn't notice any decrease in performance so now use Morgana for both my source cables. Unfortunately I did have a matching mono pair for my 300DR on order, that were never received. It looks like AR Sound offers these cables in both their Lunar & Lunar Equilateral lines, anyone happen to have experience with this specific cable?
I had a 282/300 and all Lunar cabling, felt no urge to change once they were in place. No experience of the Equilateral cables.

I was put off HiLine due to their fragility, Naim fix for free but it’s a pita sending back and having to redo cabling, plus there’s the whole “dressing” malarky.

I used the equilateral cables which were an improvement to the standard Lunar. I did write about them on here when I got them but there was a lot of negativity around at the time if I recall and didn't make for pleasant reading. The equilateral are a lot more expensive but I think you would be happy with either. As for the Hi line it really was one of the worst purchases I made on cables it got moved on very quickly.

I had a 282/300 and all Lunar cabling, felt no urge to change once they were in place. No experience of the Equilateral cables.

I was put off HiLine due to their fragility, Naim fix for free but it’s a pita sending back and having to redo cabling, plus there’s the whole “dressing” malarky.

I think the Hi-line and Power-line both are stupidly fragile, crappy plastic that just breaks if you look at them wrong. All for a silly price! And yes, the dressing and Din ring locking or not...ugh. I guess I have gotten past all of the "suffering" one must go through to supposedly get the most out of a Naim product. I still like and own a few of their pieces, just don't buy in to all the silliness these days. Everyone is different about it though, and that is just okay. :)

Fully know Morgana are great cables, if sometime you would like to sell one set I would be happy to buy!
For the time being, I'm very happy with them. Also, I'm probably on the other side of the world from where you are (I'm in Australia). But if you want the Morgana cables, I hope you can get them someday. Somebody is bound to sell one at some point, keep a look out for it. It's a pity Witch Hat went belly up, because these cables are very good.

So sounds like that includes the XLR's feeding the 300? If so, do you recall what improvements they had vs the stock cables/how the sound compared?

I used the equilateral cables which were an improvement to the standard Lunar. I did write about them on here when I got them but there was a lot of negativity around at the time if I recall and didn't make for pleasant reading. The equilateral are a lot more expensive but I think you would be happy with either. As for the Hi line it really was one of the worst purchases I made on cables it got moved on very quickly.

Where do you feel the equilateral improved vs the std lunar version & which version (ie source/DIN, etc) of the cables have you used?

So sounds like that includes the XLR's feeding the 300? If so, do you recall what improvements they had vs the stock cables/how the sound compared?
It's a long time ago and a lot of kit has come and gone, broad strokes from memory biggest improvement was to the soundstage - broader, deeper with more detail, that's something I like so the cables stayed put.

For me, it’s Siltech.
My Naim dealer gave me one for a 1 week test and they stayed home.
Way better than the original from Naim in terms of details and dynamic.

My feeling is that nothing is so interesting after witch hat Morgana. Some say chord Sarum tuned aray, but is quite expensive. Strangely no one mentioned ever nordost that anyhow makes also din cables.
For me, it’s Siltech.
My Naim dealer gave me one for a 1 week test and they stayed home.
Way better than the original from Naim in terms of details and dynamic.
Interesting, I read siltech makes din cables, anyhow they are very rarely mentioned. How do you find them?

advertisement

Back