advertisement

Avantgarde Duo and Duo Omega Upgrades

GT

pfm Member
I am just starting work on a number of customers Avantgarde Duo and Duo Omega (G1 and G2) loudspeakers to upgrade their performance and take them as far as it is possible to go. If there is further interest I publish more details in due course.

Sorry for for the delay but I am massively busy at present.

The upgrade primarily focuses on the crossover and internal wiring. A completely new crossover is designed and constructed inside the high frequency horn. All parts used are hand made custom items and are hardwired to a completely new board.

Thisthreadisuselesswithoutpics.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have you tried the crossover without the CP Circuit (looks like a voltage multiplier circuit) in place? Convention with quality caps these days shouldn't result in any audible phase lag or shift due to dielectric memory, theoretically anyway.

Yes Paul. The CPC circuit takes the AC audio signal coming from the amplifier and then rectifies it to high voltage DC via a multiplier circuit, about 150volts I think. This DC voltage is then applied to a special capacitor with a third plate which is used to polarise the capacitor. Normally capacitors have two plates, but the theory is that the sound of the capacitor will be improved by the constant polarisation from the third plate.

That's pretty much as I had thought Graham, thanks. It would be interesting to do a blind listening test comparing a non-cpc circuit with the cpc one.

I already have Paul about 12 years ago. My last pair of Trios were the result of a lot of work to take them to their ultimate limits without changing drive units and associated hardware.

advertisement

Back