advertisement

Automatic line level detection

Right, relay does switch cleanly - good. Off time is about 25 minutes which is too long for me so I will put 2M in place of 10M giving 5 minutes. Set up is easy. All good and ready to go - is it worth seeing if a batch / group buy is wanted? I will do it if wanted

Right, relay does switch cleanly - good. Off time is about 25 minutes which is too long for me so I will put 2M in place of 10M giving 5 minutes. Set up is easy. All good and ready to go - is it worth seeing if a batch / group buy is wanted? I will do it if wanted

I'm good for six single ended
Tim

OK sweating over, I had been a little concerned over the relay.

No call for a Rev02? :D
I think so far we have list editing time so copy and edit guys then I will place the order, we have around a month from order in which to decide how to distribute.
I have lost track with how many I have here.

sam_cat
Quantity of PCB
Quantity of Relays

martin clark
Quantity of PCB
Quantity of Relays

thommy
Quantity of PCB 4
Quantity of Relays 4

timH
Quantity of PCB
Quantity of Relays

themystical
Quantity of PCB 2
Quantity of Relays 2

Bemused
Quantity of PCB 1

sam_cat
Quantity of PCB 6
Quantity of Relays 6

martin clark
Quantity of PCB
Quantity of Relays

thommy
Quantity of PCB 4
Quantity of Relays 4

timH
Quantity of PCB
Quantity of Relays

themystical
Quantity of PCB 2
Quantity of Relays 2

Bemused
Quantity of PCB 1

sam_cat
Quantity of PCB 6
Quantity of Relays 6

martin clark
Quantity of PCB
Quantity of Relays

thommy
Quantity of PCB 4
Quantity of Relays 4

timH
Quantity of PCB 6
Quantity of Relays 6

themystical
Quantity of PCB 2
Quantity of Relays 2

Bemused
Quantity of PCB 1

Just Martin now

sam_cat
Quantity of PCB 6
Quantity of Relays 6

martin clark
Quantity of PCB
Quantity of Relays

thommy
Quantity of PCB 4
Quantity of Relays 4

timH
Quantity of PCB 6
Quantity of Relays 6

themystical
Quantity of PCB 2
Quantity of Relays 2

Bemused
Quantity of PCB 1

I'm desperately trying to find a reason for making one of these! I've really enjoyed reading about the evolution of the design, and would get great pleasure out of making one, and seeing it work, but I cannot think of any reason to use one... I could fit one to my power amp, but its valve and takes about 5 minutes to warm up, so I'd miss half the first song!

Well done anyway, great project.

I'm desperately trying to find a reason for making one of these! I've really enjoyed reading about the evolution of the design, and would get great pleasure out of making one, and seeing it work, but I cannot think of any reason to use one... I could fit one to my power amp, but its valve and takes about 5 minutes to warm up, so I'd miss half the first song!

Well done anyway, great project.

Well they are fun to make :D

My system takes perhaps ten minutes to warm up and play properly so I start playing on a low volume accordingly.
I stream to a DAC to nCores to ErgoIIIr

Every thing is here guys but I kept my head down for a while as work was consuming all my resources.

If you can email me your address I will sort out the postal side of things.
Uninsured royal mail unless you tell me otherwise.

sam_cat
Quantity of PCB 6
Quantity of Relays 6

martin clark
Quantity of PCB 3
Quantity of Relays 3

thommy
Quantity of PCB 4
Quantity of Relays 4

timH
Quantity of PCB 6
Quantity of Relays 6

I've been a bit enthusiastic with my numbers so if anyone comes along wanting a couple I could let them have them.

I have not ordered the relays yet Tim so no problem to revise them.
The boards had to be ordered in multiples of 5 so again no real effect.

Ok I'll go with four. I had a rush of blood to the head and thought that one day I might go active Briks but realistically it would probably be a step too far with girlfriend. She's just about ok with black sbl's in our Edwardian terrace. Plus it would mean building two more HackerNAPs and getting some r-cores. All in all too much enthusiasm overcame me. Not as bad as when I bought two tickets for Ryan Adams last gig with the Cardinals late one night. Thing is the concert was in Atlanta ;)

Can always order more in the future if needed, five boards is not expensive in the scheme of our DIY world.

Tony could I put one of these in my mega dac as well? If I connected it to the output of one of the buffaloes and used the standby switch function? It would be good to power down all those Salas regs when not in use.

Stefan

I have an idea to fire one up with the WaveIO.
Will leave the WaveIO 5v0 supply on and shutdown the rest of the DAC.

Tony I don't know how you get the time, I've had a week off work and not managed to do much bodging at all!

Let's hear about the idea then :)

Stefan

Tony I don't know how you get the time, I've had a week off work and not managed to do much bodging at all!

Let's hear about the idea then :)

Stefan

Well no work done on the detector as I'm all bodged out with the Mite for SEN saga and we have guests popping up right left and centre so not much bodging but I can still sneek a thought or two in :D

WaveIO has frequency lock indicator leds for various frequencies so the could be combined with a simple resistor network and used to drive the detector mainly just as the audio signal does, might need the gain tweeking. Beter still is, from memory the WaveIO had an LED dedicated to USB data lock.

Every thing is here guys but I kept my head down for a while as work was consuming all my resources.

If you can email me your address I will sort out the postal side of things.
tony at eclfirst dot co dot uk
Uninsured royal mail unless you tell me otherwise.

Apologies for the delay, I also buggered up post 150 by a mistaken edit

sam_cat
Quantity of PCB 6
Quantity of Relays 6

martin clark
Quantity of PCB 3
Quantity of Relays 3

thommy
Quantity of PCB 4
Quantity of Relays 4

timH
Quantity of PCB 6