advertisement

Auralic Aries Mini

I'm interested in listening to a the Aries. My local dealer can't seem to find out who the UK distributor is to get one to audition. Any ideas ?

Also did anyone tested against the full size auries? Wondering if for digital feeding into a dac there is any difference..

I believe I spoke to Christian, I have his email address if you need it,although I believe it is on the website.
Keith.

Very impressed with the new Aries Mini in terms of SQ. More detail, solidity and better drive than a PC laptop. One the other hand Lightning DS on a Mini-iPad has been a bit exasperating. It has seized up 3 times leading me to re-installing it 3 times. Probably not necessary as I think I can sort it more easily now. I'm sure it will be alright if just left alone, but that is not always possible.

Back on the sunny side - the range of radio stations which are easily accessible is colossal, might have spend some time investigating what's what.

Still have a Swagman linear power supply to hook up when I can locate the required adapter of the Mini.

New update to Lightning DS should be out within the week (iPhone). Also firmware should have updated to v3 on your Mini today.

The sound is rather good isn't it?

Received my Mini from Audio Emotion on 8/1. Set it up within 10 minutes and sound settling nicely via internal dac. Fitted a Samsung Evo 850 SSD 500GB yesterday and input library via USB portable drive. GUI is great and working fine.
Awaiting Chord 2Qute to pair up and considering a Lps for the Mini.
For the money the Mini is a very impressive and satisfying machine. Highly recommended.

Received my Mini from Audio Emotion on 8/1. Set it up within 10 minutes and sound settling nicely via internal dac. Fitted a Samsung Evo 850 SSD 500GB yesterday and input library via USB portable drive. GUI is great and working fine.
Awaiting Chord 2Qute to pair up and considering a Lps for the Mini.
For the money the Mini is a very impressive and satisfying machine. Highly recommended.

I'm "especially" interested in the outcome of the Mini coupled to the 2Qute! Please keep me (us) updated. Does the 2Qute better the sound of the Mini's internal DAC for example... will be good to know.

Lot of our American cousins are having a helluva bother with it over on ComputerAudiophile.

It being Apple driven only, makes it a non starter for me - apparently you can't even set it up without an ipad/phone?

Lot of our American cousins are having a helluva bother with it over on ComputerAudiophile.

It being Apple driven only, makes it a non starter for me - apparently you can't even set it up without an ipad/phone?

Running mine happily with Android.

SQ is excellent.

It plays from my Android tablet using their Lightning DS App. even upgraded itself to new firmware on Monday.
Their App has limited functionality though (no internet radio).

Better is Bubble UPNP and Tunein for radio.

Initial set up was done with Ipad, but hey we all know someone with one of theses.
Just to log the Aries onto my WLAN.

Both are free downloads to try.

Ultimately I would like to control it from JRiver on my laptop.

I detest, touch screens,'Apps'(with limited control) and small screens trying to display too much information.

Having said that, the SQ of Aries makes it worthwhile..

advertisement

Back