advertisement

Auralic Aries Mini

I bought my Moon with an AQ Coffee cable used for £650. So two in my case.
The Mini looks interesting though.
The quality is the key thing.

Folks,

Anyone using their Aries Mini (or any other Auralic product perhaps?)with Sky Broadband and had issues with initial set up ?

Many thanks, Steve

Folks,

Anyone using their Aries Mini (or any other Auralic product perhaps?)with Sky Broadband and had issues with initial set up ?

Many thanks, Steve
Just curious here as to why you think there would be an issue with a particular broadband supplier and a manufacturer?

Apologies, I was deliberately vague as my knowledge of all things wifi/network etc is sorely lacking and I thought there might be a well known SKY issue with all things streaming !

The app is unable to find selected device and suggests to ensure router can handle UDP Multicast. A quick google of this and Sky together brings up various references that Sky doesn't facilitate UDP Multicast. But tbh honest I am quoting things I really don't understand.

A quick call to the dealer tomorrow is in order but thought I might be able to nip in the bud now !

Thanks, Steve

I'm "especially" interested in the outcome of the Mini coupled to the 2Qute! Please keep me (us) updated. Does the 2Qute better the sound of the Mini's internal DAC for example... will be good to know.

I have a 2Qute with Aries Mini, and there is a noticeable improvement in sound compared to my MacBook Pro with Audirvana +. I am wondering whether an LPS would be beneficial with the external DAC.

Hi folks,
I've seen that the Aries Mini can be used as a Musicserver (with internal harddisk fitted). Is it straightforward to add new music to it, please? (A shame that the Aries Mini has no ripping function, otherwise it would be an even more complete system).
Thanks,
Stefan

I have a 2Qute with Aries Mini, and there is a noticeable improvement in sound compared to my MacBook Pro with Audirvana +. I am wondering whether an LPS would be beneficial with the external DAC.

I'm assuming the Aries Mini internal ESS sabre DAC is seriously trounced by the Chord 2Qute!?

Hi folks,
I've seen that the Aries Mini can be used as a Musicserver (with internal harddisk fitted). Is it straightforward to add new music to it, please? (A shame that the Aries Mini has no ripping function, otherwise it would be an even more complete system).
Thanks,
Stefan

Yes, very easy. Aries Mini will be seen on your network by your Mac/PC. Copy files over in batches rather then trying to do the whole thing in one go. After initial transfer then just add new music as you get it.

As promised feedback on my Mini with 2Qute (after 7 days running-in). The sound is better than the internal dac in the following ways.... more detail, more body and fullness to the sound and better dynamics. That said the sound with the internal dac is very good in its own right.

As promised feedback on my Mini with 2Qute (after 7 days running-in). The sound is better than the internal dac in the following ways.... more detail, more body and fullness to the sound and better dynamics. That said the sound with the internal dac is very good in its own right.

So the 2Qute isn't 'significantly' better than the DAC in the Mini ?

New Firmware 3.1 arrived.

UPNP now working.

I'm now streaming wirelessly from my laptop/JRiver !

Seems counter intuitive to not have a library connected physically (to me) but initial impression is that it sounds even better.

Auralic have stated that the best SQ is from wireless.

JRiver has always been my favourite, all these mobile/tablet apps have always seemed poor and limited in comparison.

Happy Monday.

Alright. Just bought s/h one locally for 300£. I wonder if it will better my CAPS Computer streamer with Paul Pang USB card + linear power supplies? Will report back.

advertisement

Back