advertisement

Audiophile Fuses?

Post 6 is a link to a 3/4 month old thread on the subject.
Post 68 is a link to a mains fuses/cables thread that was started by the OP.
This thread is started by the OP who claims no prior knowledge of the subject being somewhat contentious.
Why not read the content of the OP's thread linked to in post 68 before spreading nonsense.
It's all nonsense, my post sums matters up nicely, your post in particular makes my point, as they often do, a career cable thread dweller, you & Whatsit should start a group or something.

It's all nonsense, my post sums matters up nicely, your post in particular makes my point, as they often do, a career cable thread dweller, you & Whatsit should start a group or something.
Haha so it doesn't bother you that people may be posting on contentious subjects pretending no previous knowledge when in fact they've started very similar threads in the past.
However post 87 on that very thread we have YOU saying ; "5 pages in on fuses(pulled face emoticon)". I can only guess what your view on the subject of fuses is as you post about the people in the thread not the subject itself.
Much of that thread was spent with knowledgable people trying to stop 'believers' from killing themselves, TonyL had to post a warning, not exactly a thread you or the OP would forget.
Addressing the career cable thread comment; I'm very clear, in the case of analogue interconnects if you hear it and you are happy then good for you-there can be sound reasons why they could have an effect.In the case of digital leads, I've heard slight differences but remain undecided as I've also managed to fool myself and the science says no. In the case of Power cables, again, if you hear it enjoy it. In the case of balanced vs unbalanced, whatever takes your fancy. Speaker cables, I have Cabletalk3, NVA LS3, Canare, VanDamme Blue, some Audio Innovations stuff that looks like it could pull a Liner into dock, on these there seems to be a 'good enough' point where further swapping is a waste of time.. BUT i'm allowed to express my take on the above too as I have a mains conditioner and 'foo' mains lead, I have loads of different interconnects I have systems both balanced and single ended.
My position on expensive boutique so called audiophile versions of all the above is they are taking the piss.What I struggle with is how some people are incapable of accepting that their view can be challenged and anyone who does so is being rude, angry unfair or whatever the current snowflake moan is.

It's all nonsense

Indeed, one poster (the OP here) posts an almost identical thread less than 3 years later.

Does he/she/other really have a problem with what enters the ears or what resides between those ears ?

Or maybe like my 89 year old mother he/she/it really can't remember what day it is.

........... a career cable thread dweller, you & Whatsit should start a group or something.

You do realise that you would have to be a founding member of that group .. if not the founding father?... having ( as you have ) far more posts than most people on Pinkfish in cable threads and their related off shoots?

I do note that your new tone is in disparaging both cable threads in general but cable naysayers in particular. Sort of having your cake and eating it don't you think?

Inside the tent firing out ?

It is the weekend and people back from holidays who have interest in or love of fuses.

So please bring your opinions to the table lets get this explored like a challenging pot hole

Last week I was given a gold plated 13A Bussmann fuse - that’s all though as I haven’t put it in a plug yet.

Last week I was given a gold plated 13A Bussmann fuse - that’s all though as I haven’t put it in a plug yet.

Damn! I have to put it in the plug for it to work its magic? I thought just placing them in the room was sufficient. I've had it wrong all this time... double damn!

:eek::)

With respect, if you read my original post referred to, you will find it was nothing to do with so called Audiophile fuses. I was looking for opinion on why we have fused mains plugs in the UK where many other counties don't. I now understand it's because radial circuits are used in many other countries with 16A breakers at the board, where in the UK ring circuits are the norm.

I really don't understand why a forum of people with a common interest/passion for audio, can be so hostile? If we met in a pub as a club, would members shout insults across the table and throw their beer in peoples faces? I think not!

But even so you heard a difference, right?

Inky blackness of the darkest inkiness. But then I have my curtains tied into knots and heaped lines of my father's cremated ashes scattered in circles around each speaker. And of course I remembered to scatter in a clockwise direction... anti clockwise is such a beginner's mistake.

With respect, if you read my original post referred to, you will find it was nothing to do with so called Audiophile fuses. I was looking for opinion on why we have fused mains plugs in the UK where many other counties don't. I now understand it's because radial circuits are used in many other countries with 16A breakers at the board, where in the UK ring circuits are the norm.

I really don't understand why a forum of people with a common interest/passion for audio, can be so hostile? If we met in a pub as a club, would members shout insults across the table and throw their beer in peoples faces? I think not!
Stop it.
Do you post a question and then walk away? Do you post a question and only read answers(neat trick if you can) that reflect your opinion? No one can come away from that thread without reading the contentious comments re fuses/removing them for better sound-the inherent dangers in doing that, Christ even Ragaman noticed lol.

Stop it.
Do you post a question and then walk away? Do you post a question and only read answers(neat trick if you can) that reflect your opinion? No one can come away from that thread without reading the contentious comments re fuses/removing them for better sound-the inherent dangers in doing that, Christ even Ragaman noticed lol.

You must be great company in the pub on a Friday evening, where there is the usual healthy debate and banter. No doubt in you're view, you haven't had a good night unless you had a fight out in the car park. Ridiculous!

Audiophile fuses claim to significantly improve SQ over standard fuses and remove the issue, albeit at a significant cost. Therefore I'd be interested in any views for and against audiophiles fuses as it's something i'd like to try.

Thanks

With respect, if you read my original post referred to, you will find it was nothing to do with so called Audiophile fuses. I was looking for opinion on why we have fused mains plugs in the UK where many other counties don't.

But that’s not what you asked in your original post and, if you read said post, you did specifically ask about audiophile fuses and solicit others opinions.

But that’s not what you asked in your original post and, if you read said post, you did specifically ask about audiophile fuses and solicit others opinions.

OK fair point YNWOAN, it was a long time ago and I didn't realise. My mistake.

It's just a shame when some forum members are so hostile. Can't we all play nicely as it really is unnecessary.

I think it time for Tony to be innovative - the first to....
Have chat rooms with web cameras so people can see facial expressions (and laughter ) whilst Banting a subject. It enriches the experience of those participating.

In this case people can arrange to meet up and swap fuses. Those who FEEL hostility can see that they are loved and cherished.

Mains cables are a possibility too or do we have hard thread exits.

advertisement

Back