advertisement

ATC speakers travels 2670kms to new home in England

Yes, they were x/dem and a snip at 5k. Studio Hi Fi even split the shipping 50/50. I've been looking for ages and most UK x/dem 50's are £7-8-even 9k....not within my budget. Retail is about £10.7k. Is walnut a premium finish?

Got some listening to do over the weekend but first off the grills masks or drops a veil over the sound, more noticeable at higher registers obviously. So their off and and back in the boxes. I have read the warm up time is said to be only a few mins....No its not. On switch on the sound is good (OK) a bit dry and gets better over the next hour. Two hours after switch on and much better specially the mid-high highs very smooth and detailed. I'll report back after today but a short listen this morning their sounding very good indeed confirming I spent my money wisely. :)

IIRC, ATC recommend the grilles stay on, as the frame has some slots which affect dispersion. I like to take my grilles off (ooer missus) for a loud listening session, but that's just to make them look more shouty. I suspect the effect is more visual than audible

That effect is, I think, imaginary.

Thats strange bub, as the two others listening with me said the same..... (better without the covers) that was within the first 20mins on power up. I will have another go with them later today...

advertisement

Back