advertisement

ATC SCM40: Which finish would you suggest?

hi, i would have thought , if you can have black or white, they should be able to offer you any painted colour, at the same cost, i would not have black, so last year, dark wood just looks so old now, light oak i think is good, grain an all, my wilsons are mercede-benz grey, and look great, if you want a colour go to a car repair shop and ask them to spray them, or get them wrapped, both would not be a problem due to their square box shape,

hi, i would have thought , if you can have black or white, they should be able to offer you any painted colour, at the same cost, i would not have black, so last year, dark wood just looks so old now, light oak i think is good, grain an all, my wilsons are mercede-benz grey, and look great, if you want a colour go to a car repair shop and ask them to spray them, or get them wrapped, both would not be a problem due to their square box shape,

I would have thought so too at one time, but then I looked into it a bit more closely. Custom paint is a labour intensive and consequently expensive business.

hi, i'm not talking two tone metallic purple, just a set of 7 prime colour's, i do under stand if you are painting 100's at a time it will be cheaper,

Cherry all day long. Woods that darken, like cherry, do so by oxidation. Sunlight may accelerate it but it will happen anyway over a period of years. That's why antique wood is dark, even if it was unstained back in the day. Light oak doesn't stay that way for long.

I love ATC.
Great sounding speakers, but their range of cabinet finishes and styling are a weak point.

Good to hear :) I'm perfectly content with their finishes and styling. Its ATC and i believe their products have got to have some old school engineers look and feel about them. Anyway ultimately for me ATC's real beauty lies within :cool:

ATC%20Drive%20Units%2004.jpg

ATC%20Drive%20Units%2003.jpg

ATC%20Drive%20Units%2001%20edit.jpg

The satin black or white look great (in photos, not seen them in the flesh)

Satin Black and Satin White also look great in the flesh hence why we've sold more Satin Black and Satin White finishes since ATC introduced these finishes two years. Satin White SCM40A's delivered today :cool: with Satin Black to follow tomorrow.

advertisement

Back