advertisement

ATC SCM11

Excellent stuff ..so those 11's were on home demo then I take it..what amp you using out of interest as we are both now running the same dac & spkrs...

Yes, i have here the 7s and 11s at the moment. 11s wiped the floor with the 7s within a few seconds!

Arcam A49. I'm told it will drive almost anything. It certainly sounded good when driving PMC fact 12s when i first heard it.

Oh they look lovely, see more of the grain as well.

A3DE28B9-069D-4EA5-A802-C5236EF2169A_zpsfnmqrhgm.jpg

8576A73F-CB07-446B-87E1-9E7BC70887D5_zpsksvvxupr.jpg

Splendid- I pasted the link into the post reply ' mountain' in a square box (if that make sense) so why did the pics not show for me?. I must ge getting past it..;)

Agree with that one... I had mk1 19's with sia2-150 and stupidly sold them and tried lots of others but now back with mk2 19 and they are staying...if only I could buy back my ATC sia 2-150!

Sorry h-d, I am not selling :)

Thanks for the kind words.

I was shocked how heavy the 11s were!

Using them with an A49 amplifier, i have to admit i was tempted by a SN2 but I'm pretty sure the A49 is a better match.

Hi allthingsanalog

SCM11's MK1 and MK2 are great however after eleven years of dealing with ATC's Entry Series I can tell you that after seeing and hearing the two models all of our clients chose SCM19's.

Btw, and fwiw some of our clients also use Naim's Supernait 2, Hegel H360 and ATC's SIA2-150 MK2 with SCM19's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi allthinsanalog

Nice one :cool: and I hope that you enjoy their performance for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick

Thanks, I hope so. I'm hoping in a good way my Hifi journey has now reached a point where I can just enjoy it rather than keep changing!

I'm using Nordost red dawn Leif speaker cable but if you had a recommendation on something that might be better but cheaper I'm all ears, though I've always been an avid suppoter of Nordost and still am.

It got to a point where once you've shelled out £1200 you may as well make one last push to get the 19s!

Hi allthingsanalog

SCM11's MK1 and MK2 are great however after eleven years of dealing with ATC's Entry Series I can tell you that after seeing and hearing the two models all of our clients chose SCM19's.

Btw, and fwiw some of our clients also use Naim's Supernait 2, Hegel H360 and ATC's SIA2-150 MK2 with SCM19's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

I must admit I did read up on the ATC SIA2-150 but having just bought the A49 would lose too much money as I've only owned it one month!

They take an absolute age to run in though. Mine are nearly 4 months old and aren't there yet but they're only used weekends

Hi hifi-dog

I am going to differ with you and say that I haven't noticed a change in curved SCM19's presentation.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi hifi-dog

I am going to differ with you and say that I haven't noticed a change in curved SCM19's presentation.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Interesting - I deffo think the tweeter took a month to settle in and is now smoother and likewise the sl driver sounds fuller as it's loosened up. Either way they are mighty fine....

I've not heard any ATC speakers, in my mind I have it they need the wick turned up before they come alive, is that correct?

advertisement

Back