advertisement

At last... (Audiolab) - part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi JohnW,

Good to see you back. Out of interest, will there be any side effects to using both the unbalanced and balanced outputs on the 8200CD simultaneously?

We get asked this question a lot - it’s not ideal, but then it depends upon the system.

No Damaged will be done, however SQ might be degrade a little - but it very much depends upon the amplifiers and cables used.

The CDQ has inherently low output impedance - so negative cable / loading effects will be much reduce.

John

Hi John-

Any more hints about what the qdac will be??

MDAC's will be in the stores at the end of September - There’s currently no date for the QDAC - as we have new plans for the design.

MDAC now has the CROSS output stage however - and its very VERY good :)

John

We get asked this question a lot - it’s not ideal, but then it depends upon the system.

Sorry - tried trawling through the threads but didn't really see much. Suspected as much. Could actually do with a few posts at the start of these mega-threads for FAQs.

Sorry - tried trawling through the threads but didn't really see much. Suspected as much. Could actually do with a few posts at the start of these mega-threads for FAQs.

dtd,

No problem - I did not mean my reply to sound "negative" in anyway (Sorry if I came across that way - I'm always happy to answer), rather I'm surprised how many people would like to use both outputs at the same time - I can understand systems with subwoofers...

John

Intermission; even at -49db i still have prestigious bass and a room full of sounds coming from all around me from:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back