advertisement

"aren't Rogers speakers wonderful"

I always fancied trying some LS4as many years ago, but was rather disappointed with them.
Not bad by any means, but nothing special to my ears.
I think the best small speakers I've heard are my Harbeth P3-ESRs, but my Goodmans LS3/5as are very good.

I never found the LS4a special either, its as you say. Best small speaker I've heard were PMC DB1i, at the time I also owned P3-ESR, Tablette Anniversary, Usher S520 and Excite X12.

I've had a few pairs of Rogers speakers, and like their balance generally. I've gone from the small ones like the ls3/5a and jr149 through medium sized ls7t, ls5/9 and studio 1 and eventually peaked with the huge Studio 2.
All gone now, but I wouldn't bet against a return to one or other of my favourite models some day.

The bass on my Rogers Studio One's were overblown. Worse new hi-fi purchase I ever made.

The bass on my Rogers Studio One's were overblown. Worse new hi-fi purchase I ever made.

What sized room did you have them in? I imagine they'd run out of steam very rapidly in huge American rooms. They are very much a low to moderate level BBC monitor, a variation on the BC1.

What sized room did you have them in? I imagine they'd run out of steam very rapidly in huge American rooms. They are very much a low to moderate level BBC monitor, a variation on the BC1.

It was in a small room where a number of other speakers worked just fine. I would guess the room was something like 13 X 15 feet.

Hi, I have lived with the LS7s for quite a while now and have to say it is the most natural speaker I have owned.
One of it's strengths is that as I modify my CD player and improve parts of my amp, the changes are very obvious.

The midrange vocals are particularly pleasing with every inflection in voices being clearly and sometimes unnervingly heard.
Having owned some iconic speakers, Isobarik and Quad ESL to name a couple I am more than happy to know these will be my last speakers.

advertisement

Back