Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you experienced - best vinyl reissue

Discussion in 'music' started by antonio1, Jan 14, 2015.

1. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

as per title , not digitally tranfered..thanks

2. mmaatt

mmaatt pfm Member

As far as I know the recent releases by Sony Legacy are analogue remasterings. I don't have Are You Experienced but Axis Bold of Love and Rainbow Bridge both sound fantastic on vinyl; Axis being way better than the previous 70's copy I used to own. Axis was labelled Music on Vinyl which I believe uses the same mastering as Sony legacy.

Personally I don't give a stuff if it is analogue or digital as long as they use the original tapes.

mat

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Worth noting that the UK and US albums are different with different covers and track listings, so one should probably start with defining which release!

I've got the Music On Vinyl 2xLP which is the UK release with a second LP that provides anything on the US issue plus singles etc, so you do get all the tracks. IIRC it's got a pretty decent booklet too, plus a nice gatefold sleeve. It will be a digital master though. It sounds pretty decent though and mine is flat and quiet.

4. mmaatt

mmaatt pfm Member

If that is the case then it is mis-labelled - on my (UK movlp079) copy of Axis it states "all analog remaster", as did the copy of Rainbow Bridge.

mat

5. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I was wondering about this the other day. I guess the answer is to buy both :)

Looking at Discogs it's been issued 150 times if you include tapes and CDs! Are there any bargain options that sound good?

6. Howdy

Howdy pfm Member

7. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

I've got the double album that wraps it with Axis...Polydor 2683 031. Had it since late 70's. Most enjoyable.

8. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

Hi and thanks for the hints.
    Pretty much into the sony/legacy copy but having a hard time sourcing it, could you help there ,please?
    I'm based in Italy, thanks

9. guey

guey pfm Member

That's the one I've got - must have bought it around the same time.

10. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

finally I bought a US Sony/legacy copy , it's stereo not mono but according to opinions should be as good or even better SQ whereas the Axis is definitely better as mono mix.

11. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

I get very confused by AYE and ABAL. Not at all how I remember them.

12. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

I was ripping my vinyl copy and noticed you can see the tape splicing edits in the waveform. There is nothing much above 7 kHz either. Not exactly audiophile, but the musics so good you don't notice

13. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

14. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

are you in the Us? shipping should rather double to Europe ....