advertisement

Are you experienced - best vinyl reissue

As far as I know the recent releases by Sony Legacy are analogue remasterings. I don't have Are You Experienced but Axis Bold of Love and Rainbow Bridge both sound fantastic on vinyl; Axis being way better than the previous 70's copy I used to own. Axis was labelled Music on Vinyl which I believe uses the same mastering as Sony legacy.

Personally I don't give a stuff if it is analogue or digital as long as they use the original tapes.

mat

Worth noting that the UK and US albums are different with different covers and track listings, so one should probably start with defining which release!

I've got the Music On Vinyl 2xLP which is the UK release with a second LP that provides anything on the US issue plus singles etc, so you do get all the tracks. IIRC it's got a pretty decent booklet too, plus a nice gatefold sleeve. It will be a digital master though. It sounds pretty decent though and mine is flat and quiet.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Worth noting that the UK and US albums are different with different covers and track listings, so one should probably start with defining which release!

I was wondering about this the other day. I guess the answer is to buy both :)

Looking at Discogs it's been issued 150 times if you include tapes and CDs! Are there any bargain options that sound good?

I've got the double album that wraps it with Axis...Polydor 2683 031. Had it since late 70's. Most enjoyable.

Hi and thanks for the hints.
Pretty much into the sony/legacy copy but having a hard time sourcing it, could you help there ,please?
I'm based in Italy, thanks

finally I bought a US Sony/legacy copy , it's stereo not mono but according to opinions should be as good or even better SQ whereas the Axis is definitely better as mono mix.

I was ripping my vinyl copy and noticed you can see the tape splicing edits in the waveform. There is nothing much above 7 kHz either. Not exactly audiophile, but the musics so good you don't notice

advertisement

Back