advertisement

Are we getting pissed off with the BBC

AV8

pfm Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55076608

I have been for a while, when I want to watch I-Player, after paying for it, I don't want to create an account & log in :mad:

I don't want BBC department heads stopping me from listening to certain stations because they can't measure the figures, just give me the bloody radio station :mad:

Plenty more like these but then again I am over 55.

After last week’s excellent Jazz 625 and Young Jazz Musician 2020 the BBC can do little wrong IMO. That balances out a year of Laura Kunnesberg, Andrew Marr and the first five minutes of several series of Gammon Time (I can stand to watch no more).

The Proms was very good this year too despite the obvious presence of covid 19, as was Jools Holland, there have been a couple of pretty good series, e.g. His Dark Materials, and Emily Maitlis proves not all is lost with news and current affairs. As does Frankie Boyle!

It annoys me that I cannot watch BBC tv in the rest of Europe, despite paying the licence fee.

you really need to try harder.
I have a sky box set for freeview in my French shack.
Watch BBC output to my heart’s content.

I don’t understand your point Bob.
If you mean you can watch using a VPN I agree, so can I.
The annoying thing is that the BBC go to extraordinary lengths to block VPNs, so it’s very hit and miss.

I wish the news & current affairs part of the BBC was a separate entity to everything else.

Then it could get in the sea where it belongs & leave the good stuff to be consumed without the risk of accidentally eg hearing a bit of the world at one or question time and punching the radio/TV.

I don’t understand your point Bob.
If you mean you can watch using a VPN I agree, so can I.
The annoying thing is that the BBC go to extraordinary lengths to block VPNs, so it’s very hit and miss.
You don’t need a VPN to use a Sky box as a Freesat source when in France. At least, I don’t. No computers involved - I haven’t got the hang of watching TV via a computer yet. TBH, I don’t think I want to get the hang of it.

No I'm not. I'm getting pissed off with the pathetically self-indulgent infants who are "getting pissed off with the BBC"

I met my now-wife because we both loved to shout at the Moral Maze.

Although that's not really a good policy basis for anything other than banter.

The left hate it because they think it's a liberal Oxbridge cabal. The right hate it because, er, they think it's a liberal Oxbridge cabal.

I went to Leeds and UCL. It's good.

I'm rather reminded of the 'Reviews' published in the back of Spike Milligan's 'Puckoon'.

" One of the very few books...."
" We deplore the absence of an index.."

Are we playing trumps?

I have two Sky boxes in two European countries.

The BBC won't let me pay for the TV license.

advertisement

Back