advertisement

Anyone staying up all night?

Tactical voting site that certainly seems accurate for me. But caveat emptor...check it out with what you know on the ground in your constituency.
https://stopthetories.vote/
Here’s mine just now:

IMG-1321.png

The only thing which matters about the election is the result. The process you’re all wetting yourself over of staying up all night to see a bad guy get theirs is essentially a media construct. Amusing that the very people who constantly bemoan others as no longer being able to think for themselves can’t see that.
Thank you so much for saving me time. After all, the results of the Euros are the only thing that matters, not the actual games. Now I can use the times England are playing more profitably and watch edited highlights after the competition. It will be just as exciting.

Thank you so much for saving me time. After all, the results of the Euros are the only thing that matters, not the actual games. Now I can use the times England are playing more profitably and watch edited highlights after the competition. It will be just as exciting.
Interesting but failed analogy. The football is supposed to be entertainment and loads of people do watch the highlights post match because they’re working or lack the time even when they already know the scores. The election should not in any sense be an entertainment so it’s an apples/oranges comparison.

Interesting but failed analogy. The football is supposed to be entertainment and loads of people do watch the highlights post match because they’re working or lack the time even when they already know the scores. The election should not in any sense be an entertainment so it’s an apples/oranges comparison.
It's a superb analogy. The election night coverage absolutely is entertainment. It contains in all its forms, comedy moments, joy, sorrow, intrigue, interesting interviews and all. It absolutely (speaking as a television pro) ticks all the boxes for entertainment.

In this you are entitled to your view, but it is quite wrong, I think.

It's a superb analogy. The election night coverage absolutely is entertainment. It contains in all its forms, comedy moments, joy, sorrow, intrigue, interesting interviews and all. It absolutely (speaking as a television pro) ticks all the boxes for entertainment.

In this you are entitled to your view, but it is quite wrong, I think.
Factually the overwhelming majority of the population just go to bed. So, yeah, you’re entitled to your opinion but most people don’t agree.

Staying up for “interviews” is my definition of filler. It’s what they put on when there is nothing of value to be said. The macho “I want to be there” stuff is quote trite and sad I think.

Factually the overwhelming majority of the population just go to bed. So, yeah, you’re entitled to your opinion but most people don’t agree.

Staying up for “interviews” is my definition of filler. It’s what they put on when there is nothing of value to be said. The macho “I want to be there” stuff is quote trite and sad I think.
Factually the overwhelming majority avoid England matches' tv coverage. I really don't understand the point you are trying to make. For the record 10.5m watched England's first Euros game here and BBC/ITV got 6m between them for the last election. I'm prepared to bet that a good 10m will be watching this one.

Interviews can be excellent entertainment and the results can often be its definition. They really do very often add value.

Just because you don't enjoy election coverage doesn't negate its value and ability to entertain.

...quote trite and sad I think.

Well, that'll be me!

(carried over from the election 24 thread)

As far as "entertainment" goes it was very entertaining staying up to see the candidate I voted for hoofing a particularly useless Tory in the 2019 election.
They are still the second largest party here but I haven't seen a single item of Tory electoral paraphernalia in the area. Perhaps they've already thrown in the towel. 🏳️

advertisement

Back