advertisement

Anyone familiar with Portugal

Dunno about transport to Faro, but many of my most decadent nights have been had in Lisbon. Great city and great people. Fantastic bars, live music and record shops - at least there were 15 years ago when I was still young enough to enjoy it. The oceanarium is also pretty awesome.

Strange I went to the Algarve before it really took off. Loved it but within a few days I was desperately I'll losing a lot of weight. The next year is said to the wife let's go back so we did. It happened again fell really I'll losing a lot of weight again. It's a country I have said it's not for me heed the warning. With my work I lived in Nigeria, Gabon , Congo , Angola never have I been so sick as I was in Portugal.

He’s very fit for 90, 5 hours in the garden yesterday is not unusual. However, he is slowing the will be a Taxi or Hire Car, although I do like the sound of first class train.

Lots of happy memories of Portugal over the last 35 or so years but our last visit was fun. Early morning return to Lisbon from Sesimbra. Crossing the estuary on the A2 and misread the toll booth signs at speed, went through the tag lane .....alarms going off big time so I just booted it to aeroporto, parked up and off to check in!

Strange I went to the Algarve before it really took off. Loved it but within a few days I was desperately I'll losing a lot of weight. The next year is said to the wife let's go back so we did. It happened again fell really I'll losing a lot of weight again. It's a country I have said it's not for me heed the warning. With my work I lived in Nigeria, Gabon , Congo , Angola never have I been so sick as I was in Portugal.
Same to me last time I went to my local chippy

Same to me last time I went to my local chippy
I'm in the catering trade there is absolutely no excuse for food poisoning. However things like mussels, shellfish should only be eaten in months with a R eaten in summer months can put you at risk.

I'm in the catering trade there is absolutely no excuse for food poisoning. However things like mussels, shellfish should only be eaten in months with a R eaten in summer months can put you at risk.

then retailers and fish mongers like Brown Bros would be out of business

then retailers and fish mongers like Brown Bros would be out of business
It's an individual choice. Shell fish filter water , seawater has all sorts of nasty stuff in it. Bacteria multiply in warm conditions ( summer ) I love seafood but wont go near shellfish in summer months.

It’s the fact we have to get from airport to station then station to apartment. And taxis involved plus associated fares on top of €60 return for train. Gates close to an 8 seater luxury taxi for 6 people will be £600. Was just wondering if people had a local number that does an 8 seater.
I love the train.

Wouldn't you be better just flying to Lisbon rather than Faro?

It would but there are no direct flights from Newcastle and the alternative Airports don’t have suitable flights.

It's an individual choice. Shell fish filter water , seawater has all sorts of nasty stuff in it. Bacteria multiply in warm conditions ( summer ) I love seafood but wont go near shellfish in summer months.
...if you live in the uk

Not really appropriate these days. Most commercial Oysters and Mussels are farmed and tested for any toxins. Red Tide is monitored so the likely hood of paralytic shellfish poisoning is very remote, indeed harvesting is banned if there is a build up of algae.
The only reason that I wouldn’t eat them is that these are spawning months and may change the the taste. However, didn’t stop me having 6 raw oysters on Friday followed by Moules Mariniere on Friday.

Not really appropriate these days. Most commercial Oysters and Mussels are farmed and tested for any toxins. Red Tide is monitored so the likely hood of paralytic shellfish poisoning is very remote, indeed harvesting is banned if there is a build up of algae.
The only reason that I wouldn’t eat them is that these are spawning months and may change the the taste. However, didn’t stop me having 6 raw oysters on Friday followed by Moules Mariniere on Friday.

yes I had some delicious moules cooked in cider last night

yes I had some delicious moules cooked in cider last night

Cheap mans Mussels! Actually I like them in cider too. Although never have cider in the house so just add a slug of my white wine that I’m drinking at the time. I added fennel for the first time and was pleasantly surprised that it added another layer of taste.

advertisement

Back