advertisement

Anyone familiar with Portugal

Spike

pfm Member
Hi,

8 of us need transport from Faro to Lisbon. Options are hire a large car/people carrier, way over £700 or private hire which we have quotes in the region of £600 return.

Do any fishies know of good local Taxi hire which may be worth contacting?

Many thanks

Yes...train. We hired a car and drove though a few years back. Lisbon is wunnerful!!!
There's a fishie in Lisbon.....and record shops!!!

taxi wise I only use uber unless I want to be bent over with a tourist tariff. +1 for trains, they're great here, first class is cheap as chips - I'd guess an extra 10-15 euros. book early and try to occupy two adjacent tables for your group.

Draw back with the train is we have my 90 year old Dad. Hence thinking about a taxi.

It’s the fact we have to get from airport to station then station to apartment. And taxis involved plus associated fares on top of €60 return for train. Gates close to an 8 seater luxury taxi for 6 people will be £600. Was just wondering if people had a local number that does an 8 seater.
I love the train.

Not sure of the distance but I'm sure you can work this out online with google maps. Grab Uber to the train station and use an Uber at the other end. Uber is very cheap and certainly what I'd choose as I'm told you are charged for the taxis return when a long distance trip, this is what I've been told and perhaps why the excessive fee (for Portugal).

Used this company in Lisbon about 3 or 4 years back www.skytourslisbon.wix.com....email [email protected].

I left some of my diabetic stuff in a taxi which they held and returned to me. Arrived on time and caring.

My limited experience with lisbon stations is the stairs!

Hopefully I will be able to recommend an Algarve based driver Fernando who also works from Faro with a people carrier who is very good, safe and reasonable who took us to Seville from Tavira Portugal for about £200 but not sure what current prices are.

Hope this is of some help.
Tony

ps very good record shop in LISBON

Try "Fernando" ( speaks English) via email:: [email protected] or try phone +351 967 462 235 if I was returning to Faro this is the guy I would use.
He would probably remember me from my football team and daughter Helen when we have been to Tavira.

advertisement

Back