advertisement

Anyone else not watching the football?

It’s quite exciting actually, they changed the rules for about 20 minutes and play was only allowed in the English half!

Not offering an opinion on football or fans thereof, just wondering how many other folk don’t care.

Not watching! I am sure they are very good, but kicking a pig's bladder about three acres of turf seems no more constructive than Branson achieving outer-space!

Stone the crows, the masses and the ultra-rich have queer priorities!

Best wishes from George

I'm not usually the slightest bit interestd in football, but I have to admit to getting swept along by national hope this evening.

At 9.45pm I went to two local Coops, and they were both shut! It says on their website it shuts at 10:00pm on a Sunday. At least the roads were nice and quiet.

Living in Scotland, it’s actually livlier than usual on the roads. Nobody, wearing the ‘I am Scots’ badge is going to admit to any interest in this hahaha. I think it’s a boring game too, but confess to tuning in near the end so see tomorrow’s headlines, just in time to see an Italian player rolling around screaming on the ground. My prejudices affirmed, I am now going to bed:)

My Wife’s watching the game, apparently Italy’s stepped up a gear, if the boys can keep them out, the penalties beckon…oh dear….
Racist undertones about the french and Germans from Rich, unlikely a bit like being ever so slightly rude about a 2nd cousin perhaps, just relax eh?

England seem to have missed a lot of penalties and lost the game. Glad I didn’t go to the pub for that!

Pickford did well, got to ask the manager why those 2 subs first touches were their pens, some big names didn't seem to fancy it?

England lose on penalties.

In other news, bears defecate in the woods, Pope admits to being Catholic etc etc..

England seem to have missed a lot of penalties and lost the game.
Ah, OK. Was it Einstein who defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome?

Never mind, we’ve got nearly as many posts as the Wimbledon thread in one night, and been able to watch a few handbags being thrown.

Sorry I didn't post earlier I was watching the TdF highlights then the second half of a Joan Hickson Miss Marple episode, eating cheesecake and then pick up my pissed kids from a frinds house and the station, just got back in, did I miss anything?

advertisement

Back