advertisement

Anyone else not watching the football?

Marchbanks

Hat and Beard member
Not offering an opinion on football or fans thereof, just wondering how many other folk don’t care.

Listening to the Freak Zone and reading the Oliver Postgate autobiography whilst drinking a decent IPA. Is there football on?
PS. Also a Newport County season ticket holder.

I was watching the Crimson Guitars Q & A livestream, but it crashed, so I’m now watching Adrian Black restore an old IBM AT computer. It’s still pretty early so I may go spin some vinyl later…

Well, I’m sitting in the garden with a bottle of wine (surprise) listening to Enrico Rava being drowned out by birdsong and watching the swifts bombing about. Or are they swallows? Or martins? How can you tell?

Watching Julie Walters on some train in Scotland at the moment. Probably going to watch Yesterday which we recorded a few days ago. May have a cheeky Bunnahabhain later. Might even tune in to the football at the death, just so I can bore the next generation with my tales that I saw whatever it was that will come to pass.

Well, I’m sitting in the garden with a bottle of wine (surprise) listening to Enrico Rava being drowned out by birdsong and watching the swifts bombing about. Or are they swallows? Or martins? How can you tell?
If they’re shrieking at each other, they’ll be swifts.

The GF is watching it and going by the sounds she's making, I think she's watching the footballers more than the football.

I'm on here, I have no interest in team sports at all other than that a result might be a talking point.

If they’re shrieking at each other, they’ll be swifts.
Looking at the RSPB site these are definitely house martins. But two flocks of something (probably about 100 birds in each, you can hear the wings beating) pass over every night about this time in a NE/SW direction. I wonder what they are?

I worked with Julie Walters forty years ago. Great fun. Can still picture her, fag in hand, feeding the jukebox in the hotel bar.

advertisement

Back