advertisement

Anyone can read circuit diagram? Want to change fuse

Amazing thread...I'm certain this is a massive wind up!
I wonder if my table lamps will perform better with the socket fuses installed the correct way round lol

Amazing thread...I'm certain this is a massive wind up!
I wonder if my table lamps will perform better with the socket fuses installed the correct way round lol
The circuit in your house will have benefits since the fuse will filter out the noise from the lamps thus prevents contamination. Ideal way is to install high quality fuse on every single socket. You don't have to use top end fuse, just something like hifi tuning is good enough. And no need to take care of the direction since the purpose is only for filtering noise.

Compared to cheap fuse, high quality fuse has measures to reduce vibration. Thus reduce noise.

Do you understand what a fuse is and how it works? How can a fuse reduce vibration? What vibration? Where is the vibration coming from, and how is it affecting the sound.

OK, I have to assume you are pulling our leg here, but sometimes it is really hard to tell.

l
Do you understand what a fuse is and how it works? How can a fuse reduce vibration? What vibration? Where is the vibration coming from, and how is it affecting the sound.

OK, I have to assume you are pulling our leg here, but sometimes it is really hard to tell.
Every home electronics has noise. Lamps, TVs, computers. The noise going through the fuse will cause vibration

Every home electronics has noise. Lamps, TVs, computers. The noise going through the fuse will cause vibration

OK, just in case this isn't parody, could you please explain, using standard electromagnetic theory, how noise going through the fuse will cause vibration?

OK, just in case this isn't parody, could you please explain, using standard electromagnetic theory, how noise going through the fuse will cause vibration?
Whenever there is current passing through, there will be vibration. Not to mention there is noise in the current.

Whenever there is current passing through, there will be vibration.

You didn't actually answer my question. Could you please explain, using standard electromagnetic theory, how current going through the fuse will cause vibration?

If your "theory" was correct, the 50/60 Hz mains oscillation would cause a couple of orders more vibration than the noise. When was the last time you heard a fuse humming?

No. Because the conductor surface is not perfectly smooth and there is boundaries between the crystals in the conductor, the current flow won't be smooth. Thus vibration. The frequency range is very board. Not just 50/60Hz. And not that related.

Well, great! Now I have coffee all over my screen and keyboard!
Just like the car driving on the road, because the road is not perfectly smooth, the car will have road noise and vibration, not related to how many cycles the wheels spin per sec.

Just like the car driving on the road, because the road is not perfectly smooth, the car will have road noise and vibration, not related to how many cycles the wheels spin per sec.

No, it is just like a fish. On a piano.

Nobody is interested in fuse technology. Enough of the funny stuff! ;)
Have you tried solid state fuses by the way? :D

advertisement

Back