advertisement

Anyone can read circuit diagram? Want to change fuse

kwongkf

I want to change fuses but do not know the directions of the fuse sockets of the board. Thanks.

Last edited:
If a two-legged/ended component has no polarity marked, it is not polar. You do have to be aware of how polarity can be marked but it is usually very obvious - it has to be.

A conventional fuse is just a piece of wire, often of a complicated construction and/or geometry, but is still just a piece or wire.

If a two-legged/ended component has no polarity marked, it is not polar. You do have to be aware of how polarity can be marked but it is usually very obvious - it has to be.

A conventional fuse is just a piece of wire, often of a complicated construction and/or geometry, but is still just a piece or wire.

The high end audiophile fuses I am going to put into the amp have direction. And I know nothing about circuit board that's why I have to ask here and make sure the fuses follow the circuit. I know the direction of my fuses, just don't know the directions of the fuse sockets of the board.

I know the direction of my fuses, just don't know the directions of the fuse sockets of the board.

The output side of the fuses in your layout schematics is the side which connects to the amplifiers circuits i.e. RHS or downward end on all except the lower left picture. However, if some of them are negative supplies, you might need to reverse the direction of the foose.

Just out of interest, how do you know the direction of the fuse?

The output side of the fuses in your layout schematics is the side which connects to the amplifiers circuits i.e. RHS or downward end on all except the lower left picture. However, if some of them are negative supplies, you might need to reverse the direction of the foose.

Just out of interest, how do you know the direction of the fuse?
The usual practice is the words on the label read from left to right. And this is confirmed from the manufacturer of the fuses I bought. And they did say their fuse is directional.

Which fuses are they?
Does the manufacturer tell you what to do with the direction for the negative rails?

Its Zero fuse from Power House. If the direction is wrong, the sound will be weird and strange. Nothing will be broken however.

I can't see any instructions on the very few websites which come up on google.

I did find this though:
Product specifications
specification Since its launch in August of this year, Power House's flagship fever fuse "Zero" has been highly praised by friends from all walks of life and has been unanimously rewarded. The factory has now launched the new Ultimate Audiophile Series Version "Ferrous Fever Series" Zero fuse, which is further improved in design and materials to make the sound effect even higher. If you have any questions or enquiries, please contact us directly. Phone: 2807 1855 Power House Advanced Audio Fuse, successively launched Infinity Power, Infinity Power 2, Classical Silver, and Infinity Power's top-of-the-line IP3, using rare alloys as conductors, high-purity quartz glass tubes, with Pure copper metal cups with different metals on both ends. Each is hand-welded and precision polished. It is then refined and adjusted by the factory's unique program. Finally, it is factory-tested and de-Oxit anti-oxidation treatment. To ensure that each fuse can reach the highest level. Alpha 2000, 8000, 10000 POWER HOUSE is the world's first fever factory, placing ore powder in a fuse tube. Its profit formula is mainly inorganic aluminosilicate. , including more than ten kinds of levy elements. However, the amount of enthalpy placed in the tube is very small, and the naked eye can not detect it. With its own semi-permanent 0.06 microcharge, through the far infrared ray, negative ion energy and micro-charge of ore powder, can equipment The power supply performance is fully improved. The influence of the magnetic field generated by the current through the fuse on the surrounding components is controlled. Absorbs the harmonics in the fuse, making the music more quiet. Reduces the harmonic distortion of the input current memory, effectively increases the power factor, thus ensuring better power supply stability, and improving the performance of the equipment. POWER HOUSE Research team found powder Different sizes have subtle changes to the tone lines and sound fields. Compared with Alpha 2000 and 8000, Alpha 10000 powder is the youngest, the factory recommends using it on the source, but it can also be used according to personal taste to flexibly adjust and adjust your favorite sound. Alpha 10000 when playing the violin, the sound Sorrowful, the strings are clear and slender, the tail sounds soft, the air is full, the harmonics are rich, and it presents a wide sense of space. When the Alpha 8000 listens to the human voice, the mouth shape is high, the throat is swallowed and the sound is clear and fascinating. It is fascinating. Large symphony, wide sound field, very clear details of the sound, Zhan Ci distinct, Alpha 2000 bottom frequency is powerful, bursting sound when the sound is full, quality is ready, full-range stretch is amazing.

Sadly, a degree in electrical and electronic engineering and a lifetime in the power electronics industry doesn't seem to have given me sufficient skills to understand any of this.

I can only suggest trying the fuses both ways and maybe the tail will sound hard if they are in the wrong direction?

They are fuses, they can be inserted either way around but sound "weird and strange" if the "wrong" way.

Job done - bung them in, if the sound is "weird and strange", they are in the wrong way so swap them round.

Good luck! It certainly is "far beyond MY imagination"

I tell you what though, that circuit sure has a heck of a lot of fuses in it - my whole system doesn't that many internal fuses!
————

I must say, ‘fuse direction’ is a new one on me, even in the world of Audio Nervosa and ‘faith based audio’ ;). However, if the OP wants to know which end of the fuse is toward the power in point then that’s easy enough to see from the pic.

:) I love that slogan on the front of the packaging “Top Notch Hero, Power House Zero” - catchy in a totally meaningless way!

The OP has a strange skillset. He can identify the fuses on the pcb schematic but cannot work out which way the current flows.

Surely the profit formula is - infinitely gullible = $$$$? Not mainly inorganic aluminosilicate?

The English and quack science is appalling - it makes not one bit of sense at any level.

The usual practice is the words on the label read from left to right.

How does that work?
All the glass fuses I have come across have the writing round the end caps.

I am now very worried that my fuses all need rotating through 90 degrees.

I think inorganic aluminosilicate is more usually referred to as "sand". I am not too sure what organic aluminosilicate might be if it even exists as aluminosilicate does not contain any carbon.

Wow, I’ve just checked the HKD to £ price of these and each one is £220.27 - So to replace all eight fuses will cost the OP £1,762.16!

advertisement

Back