advertisement

Anybody Uses A Tablet To Stream Music To DAC ?

Cold, wet, miserable, usual shit on TV (i.e. crap films, repeats from 1975 that have been played every other year ever since though on the plus side a decent Dickens adaptation) and some turkey.

Oh great, I can watch The Towering Inferno again. Hopefully I won't fall out with my mother. No turkey, thankfully, more probably a duck.

Guys, obviously more experienced users here but for the more technologically challenged of us, is there an easy way of wirelessly connecting the galaxy pad to my dac to use spotify? Im currently having to use my laptop with USB but its a pain and somewhat annoying when theres a perfectly good tablet sat on the coffee table.

A quick google search indicates that the apple airport express is the only modem with digital audio out. How well will this integrate with my current network? Is this a bit of an overkill just for spotify and more importantly are there any compatibility issues? The only other way i can see is to use bluetooth but that doesnt seem to get great reviews on quality.

We connect all our iphones, iPads and Macbooks wirelessly to all the audio systems in the house. Works for video as well as sound. Very simple with airplay. Sounds/looks fine, too.

A big advantage (IMO) of the Samsung over the Ipads is that you can add micro SD memory at what ever size you want, with the Ipad you have to buy the ipad in the memory size you want and boy do they charge you for the privilege :eek:
I use my phone, Samsung Galaxy S3 with the Gizmo remote app to control my HTPC with J river media / Flac, I can still change the tracks in my music room when I’m cooking in the kitchen and can see my full library on the gizmo remote, simplz.
Cant see the point of using a tablet that has to be connected with a lead? dont think it will catch on somehow :rolleyes:

Alan

I think Alan that you would have a tablet wired into the DAC, sitting on a stand at the DAC instead of the HTPC (well it is the HTPC). And a second tablet as the controller. Tabs don't have fans, are very slim and have a built in screen, for under £200. £100 gets a controller tab.

advertisement

Back