advertisement

Anybody been on the Linn Forum recently?

It occurs to me that another possible negative result of Gilad having turned off the lights for a month is that some of the Linn faithful scatter onto places like this and end up becoming de-programmed.

Assuming the lights do come back on, there may only be left the few deeply devout parishioners that managed to cling desperately onto their listing Sondeks whilst endlessly reciting Chakras during the dark period that will come to be known as 'The BlaKening'.

http://www.the-ear.net/news/linn-selekt-dsm

Linn_Selekt_DSM_Top_72dpi.jpg

Well, that is special. I hate to think what the US pricing will be. Good for Linn though, hopefully carrying on for a long time.

Is the preamp section analogue or digital?
My 2 cents is that it is digital.
Analogue doesn't make any sense in a Linn single box solution with streaming, Katalyst and Exakt.
Looking at the slots, I wonder if it is possible to add a 2nd, or even 3rd, amplifier module to make this a single box Exakt device for passive speakers.

I can see that this opens new markets for Linn, but I prefer the way my setup looks.

I'm more interested in the announced other changes in the line products, especially power amps
Kiko also had class-D amplifiers, so the fact that this has class-D doesn't have to mean anything, but on the other hand, it could mean that there will be more high end class-D amps coming soon.

Theoretically class-D could be very interesting, but for me personally, with an Aktiv setup, it isn't: I doubt they will make amplifiers will Aktiv headers, so I consider my setup to stay as it is for years to come.
Which is fine, I don't really suffer from upgraderitus; I have the setup that I want.

Text only display, no artwork, can’t easily see the volume control and screen at the same time, no wireless, no wonder they wanted to keep it secret..

And, in other news today, a Mission Cyrus has slammed into the back end of a Sony HT receiver on the M2; No injuries have been reported.

advertisement

Back