advertisement

Any Innuos users here?

OK, if I may call a brief halt to 'dealer wars' etc... ;)..

However.. I'm trying to convince 'er indoors' that she can also use the Innuos whilst sewing or whatever she does in the spare room upstairs. Question is, how do I achieve that?
She's not bothered much about SQ and there's not much space among all her junk anyway, so any sort of audio device that I can feed an audio signal into will do. I have a Tivoli Model One lying about which has 'Aux In' for eg.

Also available, a Squeezebox, and a completely unused Chromecast Audio.
I could employ ethernet and/or wi-fi...

Any suggestions?

Quoting myself again.... never a good look but..

Surprisingly, I have succeeded in connecting my Zen Mini to my Squeezebox.. or vice-versa.. and it works! Spare room system for 'Er Indoors' coming up... :)

I never realised I was so clever.....

Thanks Strictly. I assumed it would have the Triode/BPA iPlayer/extras plug-ins.

It's there but it doesn't appear to be working (404 not found). Maybe it just needs a plug-in updating to accommodate a change in the feeds or maybe it is a casualty of the fallout between the BBC and TuneIn. I'll look into it when I have some free time.

It's there but it doesn't appear to be working (404 not found). Maybe it just needs a plug-in updating to accommodate a change in the feeds or maybe it is a casualty of the fallout between the BBC and TuneIn. I'll look into it when I have some free time.

The plugin is not effected by the recent BBC actions.

It's working now on my LMS install, The programme format has changed a little over the last few months, but most of the stuff is still available.

Right...
I have now been happily using my Zen Mini MkIII since August 2019. I use Orange Squeeze as a control app via a Samsung Tab A, for replay via my system.

To 'pull' the music back from the server to the Tab A..so I can use its Bluetooth for Bluetooth Headphones.. I use Squeezeplay.

However.. I couldn't get past the idea that the Bluetooth circuitry in the Tab A is likely some tiny chip and maybe not 'the best'.

So.. I purchased a Taotronics 'Wireless Adapter' ..Which seems pretty well thought of. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083SFRLSQ?tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-uk-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

..and appears to be a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver. Nicely packaged little device which came with assorted connectors.

I connected its charging wire to one of the USBs on the Innuos. I also connected from the Innuos Optical out, to the Taotronics Optical In.

Next, I switched on my B&W PX7 bluetooth headphones, switched on the Taotronics thingy and set it into 'pairing mode'.

Nothing.... No sign it had paired with anything. So I start wondering if there's a Taotronics App.. which might actually let me see WTF is going on..

Search for 'Taotronics' in Playstore and get a load of pretty vague looking apps. all claiming to be Bluetooth Scanners or whatever. It really is like the Wild West out there..

So.. can anyone tell me if downloading one of these apps will let me see what's happening with the Taotronics thing and decide what bluetooth devices I want to pair with what others? All I want to do is directly pair my 'phones' with the Zen Mini.

How hard can it be?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Not a regular user of bluetooth but .....

Next, I switched on my B&W PX7 bluetooth headphones, switched on the Taotronics thingy and set it into 'pairing mode'.

did you try the following from the web page link

Question:
If i have bluetooth headphones and connect this to my tv, how do i pair the box with my headphones?
Answer:
With the box connected and charged place them near each other. Theres an on off button that once turned on you press twice. Turn the headphones to pairing mode and that should do it
By steve neate on 10 April 2020

Did you try playing anything from the Zen thingy (does the output have to be reset to optical ? )

I would check that it is fully charged

connect the wireless adapter to the power source to stream music while charging

ronnie, who is a BT numpty o_O

Pairing can take up to a minute with these devices, it’s not quick. I’m trialling this right now;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BQYYDNJ/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Pairing took around 30-45secs with my PX7s, my QC35IIs took over a minute. So far so good, but couldn’t figure out why there was nothing from the ‘phones. Spent 30mins trying to figure it out, gave up and started the returns process. It then dawned on me check the rear connections; turns out I’d plugged the optical cable into the ‘RX’ input rather than the ‘TX’ :oops:

Not knowing if pairing is successful is irritating though. Turn off all other Bluetooth devices so the ‘phones only see the Taotronics maybe?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks Ronnie. A bit more awake this a.m. I just did a manual re-set on the phones then sat them next to the Taotronics thingy and switched everything on. They connected in a few seconds and a bit of playing shows they re-connect instantly after being powered down and back up. I'm getting an APTX codec indicator which AIUI is better than bog standard SBC, but not quite up there with LL. On a short listen things sound better and of course there's now no need to faff with Queezeplay AND Orange Squeeze.. which to some extent seem to get in each other's way. (Sorry for the techie jargon... :))
Downside so far is that the transmitter hasn't much range and the phones will not work in the next room which.. in a straight line to the transmitter crosses a brickwork corner.. i.e two walls. Also in this position I'm almost on top of my router.. which might also be causing interference. Still for most purposes a success and worth more playing...

Getgaff, thanks for your input. Looks like your device is more capable esp. on range. Maybe I should have spent a bit more..

Still .. if it comes to it I could always relegate the Taotronics device to use with the TV which by definition would be line of sight and get a better box for the hi fi.

advertisement

Back