advertisement

America's new folk sounds

Those on this thread digging Circulus & Espers et al may well enjoy Tunng too, Medieval electronica. They have a myspace.....

Just been reading through this again, some of my best recent buys have come via this thread. Anybody come across new music in this vein?
Paul

You're right America is a stumbling block ( in so many ways!) loads of interesting bands over here too. Now I'm turntabled up again any recommendations for vinyl suppliers in the UK for this stuff?
Paul.

Thought I might add a couple of vaguely-folk suggestions...although mostly not american

Elizabeth Anka Vajagic - Stand with the stillness of this day

Faun Fables - Mother Twilight (saw them at the Slint ATP...very gothic-y Americana style folk)

I'm surprised Gravenhurst haven't been mentioned here as I find them lovely, not as twee as I'd feared

Would add another vote for Tunng who were mentioned a while back

Laura Viers

Micah P. Hinson

You're not wrong there! What albums other than the linked Fires In Distant Buildings have you heard. I think it is a great album and I would like to delve further.

You're not wrong there! What albums other than the linked Fires In Distant Buildings have you heard. I think it is a great album and I would like to delve further.

I haven't heard Fires in Distant Buildings; however I would particularly recommend Flashlight Seasons (particularly love the track "I turn my face to the forest floor" with the line "the east end rogue you so admire is a murdering ****head"). Black Holes in the Sand is good, although I'd contend not as good.

advertisement

Back