advertisement

Amazing Guardian article

Factual errors in a "Guardian" article?

Is it trying to emulate the "Daily Mail"? ;)

Amazing!

Factual errors, illegible charting and childish loaded studenty statements on it. Congrats to the joint worst paper in the UK for upholding their reputation for being completely shit.

Factual errors, illegible charting and childish loaded studenty statements on it. Congrats to the joint worst paper in the UK for upholding their reputation for being completely shit.

I get the sense that you wouldn't know good journalism if it hit you in the face.

I'm happy to cut them some slack due to their efforts on difficult journalism like Edward Snowden.

Why's that, then?

Because the guardian has some excellent journalists who have recently exposed phone hacking, and have been working to release the Snowden leaks to name but two. Or would you rather they hadn't bothered?

Because the guardian has some excellent journalists who have recently exposed phone hacking, and have been working to release the Snowden leaks to name but two. Or would you rather they hadn't bothered?

Phone hacking to me was leaking from various sources at the same time, one of which was the Queen ringing the police about it years ago. What makes you think The Guardian was blazing the trail here? Wasn't there a New York paper on this years ago too?

This aside, it is not realistic to expect people to trust a paper for a couple of decent projects when the majority of the work is poor, eg that pathetic chart above.

Phone hacking to me was leaking from various sources at the same time, one of which was the Queen ringing the police about it years ago. What makes you think The Guardian was blazing the trail here? Wasn't there a New York paper on this years ago too?

This aside, it is not realistic to expect people to trust a paper for a couple of decent projects when the majority of the work is poor, eg that pathetic chart above.

What unlike the mail, sun, mirror, times etc?

mat

The Guardian is a poor newspaper with generally poor, sensationalist and technically ignorant journalism. If you want to know about the Snowden disclosure then the US papers seem a better bet, and the links aggregated by Bruce Schneier in some of his blog are a good place to start.

https://www.schneier.com/

Paul

I don't agree with the Guardian's editorial stance on many things, but it is usually very good in the way it presents complex statistical data, much better than the competition -with the exception perhaps of the FT - and I often buy it for that reason alone.

advertisement

Back