advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Same as us, we got what we deserved.
Yes we were playing a team that were unbeaten in 41 matches but 1 shot in the entire 90?

What the TV audience saw last night was a concentrated version of the way we play week in week out under Moyes.

It's largely joyless watching us these days.

I would not be surprised if Liverpool turn last night's result around - it will depend on how much they want it, as much as anything else. I cannot see West Ham doing the same because, from what I saw, the West Ham performance was not untypical; the Liverpool performance really was.

Liverpool have been unsettled by recent results. It showed last night. Atalanta have only lost 3 games at home this season. It will be tough for Liverpool, especially if Klopp scarifies the Europa Cup for the League by playing the under-19s.

Liverpool have been unsettled by recent results. It showed last night. Atalanta have only lost 3 games at home this season. It will be tough for Liverpool, especially if Klopp scarifies the Europa Cup for the League by playing the under-19s.
If he does that, I don't believe that there is any chance of progress. It will take a full-strength team to go through, and that could compromise bigger priorities.

If he does that, I don't believe that there is any chance of progress. It will take a full-strength team to go through, and that could compromise bigger priorities.

Well, Liverpool have form in Europe so it's not impossible for them to turn it around (even with the kids) but...

Fair play to NU, we are ..........., CL my arse. First time I have ever not watched a THC game to the end, but fcku this is embarrassing as NU walk through us at will.
I am about to walk to the newly opened Mad Squirrel tap room as of now, come on you Hatters

Fair play to NU, we are ..........., CL my arse. First time I have ever not watched a THC game to the end, but fcku this is embarrassing as NU walk through us at will.
I am about to walk to the newly opened Mad Squirrel tap room as of now, come on you Hatters
That hgh line away from home is a gamble, especially with pacy players like Gordon and Isak.
Good luck for remaining games.

pep.gif

The optimist in me is visualising the title race as three cyclists ahead of the race employing regular rotation to sustain the pace. The rider on the front flicking the elbow to signal that they've done their turn in the wind. There are no prizes for being in the lead with six laps to go.

So, so much still to play for. City now have Madrid, then Chelsea in the cup, and rivals will each play twice before our next PL fixture (I think). Then, we have Arsenal's game against Spurs, who play zero fixtures against Arsenal's 4 between now and then. Anyone thinking that the league is done is talking from emotion, not sense; there is a long, long way to go.

advertisement

Back