advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

I hope Chelsea continue their descent into oblivion.

It’d make it so much easier to give up football altogether.

A couple of years ago I decided to detach my-self from football, mostly because I was unhappy to allow myself so much emotional investment into something that doesn’t matter a jot, but it was a decision made a lot easier by the fact that Chelsea were so shit.

Like an ex addict, I feel that I’m on the road to recovery, but sudden exposure to a nice game at The Bridge might set me back.

Wish me luck on my journey to freedom.

My aim is to give up football altogether at some point in the future…and become a Spurs fan

Last edited:
This is a good piece on Forest:

In contrast our owner has put in £8m of his own money in the last ten years and is looking to sell us for £90m. In each of our last 3 seasons in the Prem we've been the most profitable club.

I'm not sure that our place in the football finance textbooks will be adequate compensation, when we are back in league one the season after next.

I'm not sure that our place in the football finance textbooks will be adequate compensation, when we are back in league one the season after next.
That's right - it's cheating on the clubs that have played by the rules. Forest got promoted by taking almost a new squad of players in that January window too.

Biggest television audience of the year across all channels watched at ITV's live, free-to-air coverage of Manchester United’s win against Liverpool with a peak of 8.6 million tuning in as the game went into extra-time.

The Tories are to introduce a regulator for football and to manage disputes, if they do not call it Offside then they are just wasting our time.

I hope Chelsea continue their descent into oblivion.

It’d make it so much easier to give up football altogether.

A couple of years ago I decided to detach my-self from football, mostly because I was unhappy to allow myself so much emotional investment into something that doesn’t matter a jot, but it was a decision made a lot easier by the fact that Chelsea were so shit.

Like an ex addict, I feel that I’m on the road to recovery, but sudden exposure to a nice game at The Bridge might set me back.

Wish me luck on my journey to freedom.

My aim is to give up football altogether at some point in the future…and become a Spurs fan

Would wish that last sentence on any one.🤢:)

advertisement

Back